Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,511 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Will Verizon support dual sim Note 9?
The_Torogi

I play the dual phone life. It gets tiring. iOS came out with sim+esim functionality and though I am impartial to android vs ios, i prefer my Note 9.

Up until Note 8, S9+ I searched high and low an came up empty. Will this be changing?

0 Likes
Re: Will Verizon support dual sim Note 9?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It would need to support the radio frequencies used by Verizon Wireless and use VoLTE.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

bearone21
Legend

if phone was purchased from verizon, i'd say yes.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Switching between devices can be a bit tiring, I use to do the same in the past until I finally decided which device I liked better. I can certainly understand the importance of making sure your device is supported with a Dual sim card. When I took a closer look at the features in relation to the sim card, I'm only seeing that the device supports a 4G nano sim. To be sure ifthe device will ever support a Dual sim card, I would recommend reaching out to Samsung directly (800) 726-7864 to see if they will implement this feature with the Note 9 and any other future devices. I hope this helped provide more clarity.

ChetonJ_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

BD100001
Enthusiast - Level 2

In response to customer support's statement above: "To be sure if the device will ever support a Dual sim card, I would recommend reaching out to Samsung directly (800) 726-7864 to see if they will implement this feature with the Note 9 and any other future devices" Samsung does make a dual sim Galaxy Note 9.  Looks like the second sim slot is "shared" with the SD card slot, so you either choose an SD card or a second sim. I have two Verizon phones, different phone numbers, one for work and one for personal. I have two questions: 1) does Verizon support the dual-sim Galaxy Note 9, and 2) does Verizon sell the dual sim Galaxy Note 9. I would love to consolidate into one phone. Thanks!

BD100001
Enthusiast - Level 2

More info on this - would love an answer from Verizon!

I want to purchase the Galaxy Note 9 - model SM-N960F (this is the UK version, according to Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960* Model Number Differences - TechWalls). It allows for two SIM cards, which enables me to use one phone for business and personal, instead of carrying two physical phones. It also appears to work on B13(700) which is apparently Verizon's "main" band.

I want to use it with Verizon in the US.  It does not have CDMA, but does have 3G and 4G LTE.  Based on what I have read, data should not be a problem.  But what about voice calls? Does Verizon use LTE for voice calls or do they still use CDMA?

Some of the websites selling the international version say it will not work on Verizon, but I am sure that is because the international version is GSM/3G/4G LTE and not CDMA/3G/4G LTE.

I spoke with a rep at Samsung who said that voice would automatically be downgraded to 3G but I'm still not sure that answers my question

I spoke to a Verizon rep via phone today, and she says Verizon will support it, as long as it has two physical SIMs and not an eSIM (software SIM, whatever that is)

I guess the bottom line is, will this phone work on the Verizon network? Will I be able to make calls and use data?  I want to be sure before I buy it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know the importance of the Dual SIM feature on your Galaxy Note 9. We are always working to add all available features to new devices for you to take advantage of. At this time, the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 does not support a Dual SIM card on our network, but we encourage you to sing up for email updates so you are always updated with the latest releases. Here is the link where you can enroll in for new updates http://spr.ly/6585Dh43T, and here is a helpful link with all the information available about Dual SIM cards. http://spr.ly/6586Dh43p

Monica_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
jbonne
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it's now 2020, is Verizon planning on finally going to support dual SIMs on non fruit phones purchased through Verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

While we do not have Dual SIM Android devices yet, keep an eye out for these as we may soon be launching new updates on this. 

AnnaG_VZW

JGB56
Enthusiast - Level 1

and?

0 Likes