Re: Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

"Dbeak, your patience and cooperation was appreciated during the Samsung Note 7 Recall. I apologize. We'll be unable to waive the remaining balance of your device loan to allow an upgrade to the new Note 8. However, once you pay off your current phone, you may take advantage of the current promotional offer "

No one is asking to waive the balance on the phones we were forced into due to the Note 7 recall. We are simply asking to have the $480 promotion (or even the Samsung $425) be applied to the balance we currently owe, then give us the standard 24 month payment plan on the Note 8, even if it means the $40 monthly payment we would have if we were to by the phone normally. It's not as if we had no other alternative since your competition is willing to buy out our balance to switch carriers. It seems incomprehensible to me that a company like Verizon would care so little about retaining their customer base. As it stands right now, Verizon has about two weeks to rectify this situation or to see a large number of customers switch to T-Mobile.

skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

The only reason I haven't jumped ship yet is because the new Note 8 doesn't support the new 600mhz LTE on the T-Mobile network.

It seems like, without realizing it, Samsung is forcing themselves into a corner but still arguing with their customers. I read in an article,

"Samsung doesn’t have to run any deal for former Galaxy Note 7 owners. The company didn’t just forcefully remove the Galaxy Note 7 from your hands last year. It replaced your phone with something else or refunded the money."

Um, yes they did forcefully remove the devices from us. They even reduced the battery life on the 1% who decided to keep it after being basically threatened by Samsung to return our Note 7 devices.

You act like I should be happy they refunded the money spent on my defunct phone, as if it was my burden to begin with.

I'm about done with Verizon and Samsung completely! Get you heads our of the darkness and see what's really happening!

CK10
Enthusiast - Level 3

TLEON, Yes I do want them to waive the balance, but only give the portion of the $480 discount that I have paid. So 11/24 of $480 is $220 off the Note 8 and take the S7E with no more  payments.  Verizon did FORCE me into this because they would not give back my S6 that I turned in.  And at the time there was plenty of talk about how it would be made right with 1/2 off the next Note (and no denials by Samsung OR Verizon at the time).  Well they have half off but with so many strings I am strangled.  Interesting had I gotten my S6 back, Samsung's deal would provide a $425 discount by turning in an S5 or above.

So everyone please stop asking to pay full price for the Note 8, ANYONE but the Note 7 owners can do that!!! (And they can do that simply by switching)

If I still had my Note 7 I would have no reason to switch to the Note 8.  If they would have given me my S6 back when they took my Note 7 I would be getting a $425 Discount from Samsung.  So how is paying retail any special treatment for Note 7 owners.

Just to be clear we are not the latest tech seekers wanting to skip a year + of payments to get the latest thing.  We are trying to get rid of the phones we never wanted.

A prorated discount is thing only thing that makes sense and is very fair.

TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

CK10, I totally agree, in my case the balance due on my S7 is $429. If Verizon would use $429 to pay off my S7 and apply the remaining $51 to the note 8, I'd be satisfied. In your case the balance due is much less, so by all means you should get the full $480 to use as you outlined.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

You need to email corporate. They do have a buy out program...they will

payoff my s7edge, allowing me to preorder, all I have to do is pay sales

tax. Service reps can not do this, nor can they steer you in that

direction! Instead of getting the promo, I will pay 40 a month.

TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

Awesome! can you furnish us with an email contact @ VZW corporate?

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.verizon.com/about/our-company/executive-bios

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I clicked on contact under Kenneth Dixon

JEFDOR14
Enthusiast - Level 1

That's garbage that we have to email corporate. They know who the previous note 7 owners were. Instead of making us jump through hoops just give us the option.

TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, I emailed them as you suggested, now waiting in hopes of a positive outcome...