Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
KINNISON_PHILLIP
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was curious if Verizon is going to cater to previous Note 7 owners that were forced to turn in there phone due to the Recall? Samsung is giving note 7 owners a instant $495 trade in offer to allow them to get the new Note 8. This is only good for buying it through Samsung and would still mean having to pay the remainder of the phone you currently have first. I had a long discussion with a Verizon rep last night and said that I will still have to pay my remaining balance of my current phone to upgrade to the Note 8. Which is another problem. Only apple phones are allowed to upgrade yearly when they have paid 50% or more of their current apple device. All other phones now have to pay the full balance before upgrading. I think Verizon should make a special offer for former note 7 owners to be able to turn in there current phone, even if it means we don't get a trade in bonus, to be able to go back to the note phone. I hope a Verizon rep looks in on these forum questions and gets something in the works.

Re: Will Verizon allow previous Note 7 users trade in early to get a Note 8?
skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am wondering this too. I only upgraded because I wanted the new Note 7 phone. I would not have chosen to upgrade had that phone not been available. So now I've wasted my 2yr upgrade on a phone that I don't want!

I don't care that it was Samsung's problem, they effected Verizon just like they effected me and everyone else.

I will be calling around to stores after work today to see what the general managers have been told. Though protocol usually changes day to day for those poor guys... We shall see.

JEFDOR14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ditto. I was appreciative of being able to upgrade to the note 7 from the note edge but I still had to trade in my phone and wasn't able to get it back after the debacle of returning it twice. So here I am stuck with an s7 edge and either have to pay it off or wait for the note 9. I'm a note fan and have enjoyed the note series since the note 2. It's not all of our fault that Samsung rushed things and put out an inferior product twice. But now that the note 8 has come out I feel that carriers should get with Samsung, or vise versa, and allow previous note 7 customers the option to upgrade at no penalty. I feel since Samsung is willing to trade in phones at a significant amount that they should absorb these payoff costs as well through the carriers. Very simple. They[Removed]  and it cost them. Well guess what they're not done paying for that [Removed] yet.

Just my 2 cents. Hopefully someone's listening to the little people.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

DJ091280
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm interested to see what Verizon does with this situation. They were very good with the trade in debacle when it happened and I got myself a Google Pixel XL. Though it's a great phone, I really want back in the Note Life. Verizon, please be the ones who beat the other competition to the punch and make this happen. You'll make some happy customers even happier!

Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

I could not be more disappointed thus far with this situation.  We were forced to return the Note 7, twice, and I had already turned my Note 5 in for the discount program.  I had no choice but to go to another phone.  So I ended up with a Pixel XL.  I was told, again, if and when, the Note 8 comes out I would be able to return to it.  I chatted with Verizon the day before the pre-order began and was told I could return the Pixel XL and the remainder of the purchase agreement would be waived and I could pre-order the Note 8.  I attempted to do so the next day, and have not been able to get it done yet.

Verizon, this is bad business.  Samsung didn't tell me this, YOU did and now YOU are not standing behind your word.  You say it is not your fault? Well, it is not the former Note 7 owner's fault either.  You made promises that you are not currently keeping and only offering a trad-in program that anyone can take advantage of while not looking after your committed customers.

How many people effected by the Note 7 recall actually have the device they were forced to go to paid off? Not many, I assure you.  I have been a customer with Verizon going on 15 years and this is the response?

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

They are not going to help! The 480 trade in credit will be spread out over the monthly payments. They refuse to give the credit upfront and put towards the payoff on the downgraded phone I had to get because of having to turn in 2 note 7s. Samsung deal is just as bad..425 credit toward the purchase through them, still have to trade in your phone and pay off balance, and if you dont qualify for the Samsung credit, you have to pay cash to get it.

RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is how the "credit" is being applied that is the problem. Its not a

credit really..it should be applied to the balance of the phone you are

having to trade. I would not have traded my Note 5 off for a s7edge. But

actually, I had to. When the recall happened, I wanted my Note 5 back, was

told I had to choose another phone because the 5 wasnt available anymore.

I dont have a problem paying the 40 a month, but not in addition to having

to pay off this phone or continue to pay 36 a month as well.

Jackal726
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree. I am willing to pay for the Note 8,...just not on top of buying my Pixel to do it. It would be different had I not been told I would be able to trade Pixel back in once Note 8 came out.

0 Likes
RRIDGWAY1217
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been on the phone with Samsung and Verizon, sending emails and text,

messages through facebook. They keep saying they are looking into making

some changes, they've had a long time to work this out!

0 Likes
BIGHAWK420
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel entirely betrayed by Verizon. My wife and I have been loyal customers for almost 10 years now. I was forced to give up my Note 7 because of this fiasco. I downgraded to the S7 edge. Now the Note 8 is coming out, they want me to finish paying for a phone that I didn't want in the first place, rather than being able to trade it in for the device I want.

I am extremely disappointed in the way Verizon is handling this situation.