Will I get charged for my interim phone after the Note 7 recall?
CHROVR83

I ordered the first Note 7, then it got recalled so I got an S7 in the interim while they fixed the first recalled Note 7. When the "fixed" Note 7 got released I ordered that and planned on exchanging my S7. However now that the "fixed" Note 7 has been recalled also I'd like to exchange my second Note 7 for the Note 5. Unfortunately the Note 5 is on back order. I still have the S7 though. If possible I'd like to keep using the S7 until I receive the Note 5. Do you think I'll get charged for the S7 though since I'll be keeping it longer than the 14 days I have to return it from the second Note 7 I ordered? Does that make sense? Or should I just use the Note 7 until the Note 5 comes out and risk it blowing my house up ha ha?

0 Likes
Re: Will I get charged for my interim phone after the Note 7 recall?
ericw_vzw
Verizon Employee
CHROVR83,

Thanks for checking in with us on this. We know this whole double recall ordeal has been a hassle. Depending on your situation, you may want to go ahead and return everything. Where did you initially make your order? Also, was this a brand new line of service with us, or an upgrade? If it was an upgrade and you wouldn't want to use your S7 as a permanent phone, I would recommend taking everything in and activating your prior phone if you still have it. Keep us posted.

EricW_VZW

0 Likes
CHROVR83

I got the first Note 7 as an upgrade from my S4 at a verizon store. I mailed back my S4 for an extra $200 on my account. So that's why I had to get the interim phone after the first Note 7 recall so I could still have a phone, which is also the case with this second recall. So technically I could mail back the S4 because my second Note 7 came with all those instructions as that was the plan and I can just use the Note 7 until the Note 5 comes. However I'd just much rather use the safer S7 instead while I wait for the Note 5 and then Return the S7.

0 Likes
CHROVR83

Anyone else have any ideas? I can't be the only one in this situation!?

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

Chrovr83, I understand that this has been quite the experience with the Note 7 recall. We truly want you to have a working device sooner rather than later. You would need to send all the necessary devices back to us for a refund to take place and a new phone can be ordered. Did you have your eye on any other phone besides the Note 5? Would another friend have a device for you to use in the meantime so that you may send all the other devices back?

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes