Wifi and battery issues
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

Since the MM update I have had horrible battery drain and any wifi I connect to is virtually impossible to use.... In the last 3 weeks I have performed 2 Factory resets and replaced the battery with an original Samsung replacement. All apps are optimized and I have NO other apps installed other than what was on the phone since day one. It appears there is something keeping the phone in a wakelock condition. I am in a good service zone so that is not it. I have had pretty poor battery issues since the 5.0 update but not this bad. I can barely get 8 hours of MINIMAL use before the battery is dead. I have the extended warranty/service plan. Can I get this replaced under that plan? The phone has very minor scratches around the bezel... I don't know what else to do. I need to get these 2 issues straightened out. I pay for Wifi at home but can't use it as my phone will not load anything on that connection while my laptop works just fine as does the GF's S5 also on MM...

0 Likes
Re: Wifi and battery issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Miller6386,

I’m disappointed to hear about the battery issues and wifi concerns you’re experiencing on your Note 4. I know it’s vital to have a great battery life and the option to connect to wifi so you receive the best device performance. I appreciate all of the troubleshooting steps you have performed so far. I will get these concerns resolved for you at once. At this time, I have sent you a private message so I can offer more personalized support.

JuanD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Miller6386
Contributor - Level 1

I responded to the private message 2 weeks ago and STILL have not seen any reply to that.... I am generally pretty patient but this is rather sad.... Looks like once the Note 7 comes out I will be trying it on another network... This lack of support on issues caused by Verizon updates has made this decision rather easy.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am here to provide you with the clarity that you need, Miller6386. I was able to obtain the contents of your private message and ran a diagnostic report on your device. Before I jump into those results, I want to take a step back and first explain that software updates are not developed by Verizon Wireless. They are not carrier exclusive. Marshmallow was developed by Android and regardless of which carrier you are with, if Android releases an update, you will receive it. Let's hop right into the battery issues that you are experiencing. The great thing about the Note 4 is that it was released with a wonderfully fast processor that allows you to do much more on your device while simultaneously working on other things. I tested the battery and it is in good health so there is no problem there. You do have several downloaded applications that are consistently running in the background. This paired with the Bluetooth function running, the constant screen access (averaging about 89 times a day), and the streaming services that you are using (Netflix, SiriusXM, YouTube, Plume) the battery drain is completely normal. On your high usage days I am showing only 2 charging cycles, which again, is completely normal. It is key to remember to have realistic expectations about your device's capabilities. It might be a good idea to invest in a battery charging case so that you can use your device the way you would like without worrying about the drain on your battery. Please reach out to us if you have any further questions or concerns.

NicholeK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes