Why won't my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 charge after upgrading?
magissna

I was uploaded by Google, Verizon & Samsung with new features and upgraded from Android 4.4.4 to Android 5.0 on 4/22/15.today (2 am EDT,my phone's started acting wacky. When NOT plugged into a charger it keeps repeating the same cycle over & over.

When NOT plugged into a charger it issues a notification status "phone has been plugged into a charger"

immediately followed by another notification status of "Slow  charging. Please use the adapter and cord that came with the phone."

The phone has the lightening bolt symbol that it's charging;  however, it's not plugged into any charger.

Then the phone will cease the lightening bolt and show it's not charging.

Then the cycle begins all over again.

Does anyone know what's happening?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3, upgrade to 5.0, charging problems
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
magissna, this would also have me worried, and a frustrated too. Let's do all we can to stop this cycle!

I recommend starting with a wipe cache partition by using these steps: http://vz.to/1iLn2qI - When you reach Step 3, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone.

Let us know if this clears up the cycle, as well as the slow charging message. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
magissna, this would also have me worried, and a frustrated too. Let's do all we can to stop this cycle!

I recommend starting with a wipe cache partition by using these steps: http://vz.to/1iLn2qI - When you reach Step 3, please choose Wipe Cache Partition, and not Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Once this is done, please select Reboot to restart your phone.

Let us know if this clears up the cycle, as well as the slow charging message. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
This is definitely not how your phone should be behaving, magissna. Is there any damage to the charging port? Does this behavior continue after removing and reinserting the battery? Can you try using Safe Mode to determine if this problem continues? http://vz.to/1d0SZSq Please keep us posted.

AndreaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes