Why is my samsumg note 4 not at all charging, even with a new battery, right adapter to charge?
ravi1634
Enthusiast - Level 2

my samsung galaxy note 4  was slow for some time -for few months- so i did a factory reset. after that, i noticed that it was charging and working slightly better.  But now, it is not at all charging. I bought a new battery (from Amazon/Samsung), and  even a right charger/adapter, to charge the phone. But it is not at all charging.  I tried the 3-button reset several times that is being talked on some internet forums.  but that also did not help.  Now when i try to charge, it just gives me the battery logo with 0% charge for a few seconds, and then it goes blank.  Then it starts to vibrate every 30 secs...for a 1 sec duration. and the screen is blank.  Not sure what i can do now.  The phone has no physical damages

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is my samsumg note 4 not at all charging, even with a new battery, right adapter to charge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a phone that can keep a charge is very important tobarivka. If you have the extended warranty with your insurance, we can discuss a replacement phone after we provide some trouble-shooting steps to fix the issue. If the phone is damaged, you will need to contact the insurance company, file an insurance claim and pay the deductible to replace the phone. If there is no damage to your phone, please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter @vzwsupport to discuss all your options.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: samsumg note 4 is not at all charging, even with a new battery, right adapter to charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ravi1634, it's concerning to hear that you are experiencing these issues with your device when attempting to charge the device. There are a few things that might be causing this. Is the battery, which you purchased, properly seated in the battery slot? Also, do you notice any impovement in charging when you move the charger, when connected, in the slot such as trying to reposition the cable to make proper contact with the port?

HarleyE_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Re: samsumg note 4 is not at all charging, even with a new battery, right adapter to charge
ravi1634
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello Harley, just fyi, my phone is not damaged physically or otherwise, and yes, my charging usb-mini port (physical) is also in good condition. the charging wire is not loose in any which way.  I even bought an original charging right adapter and wire too to charge, but nothing happened. I tried to factory reset by simultaneously pressing, the power, volume up and start button and waited for more than typically 1-2 minutes.  no sign of recovery at all.  The new battery also fits very well and has no problem at all. 

Is there a way to download the basic Android OS directly from any website.? i am thinking like reloading a new pc with linux concept. 

Is there any other way, please PLEASE let me know asap!

Thanks,

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for taking time to troubleshoot with us. The steps that you have taken tell us a lot about the situation and I would like to take a closer look at your warranty options. Please send a Pivate Message via Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/verizon or Twitter @VZWsupport.

YaleK_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why is my samsumg note 4 not at all charging, even with a new battery, right adapter to charge?
GILE_L
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same problems since the last update. I don't have facebook or twitter. How can I get this fixed? I don't want to have to get a new phone.

tobarivka

I am having the same problem, And now on top of that, my screen went dead! I love my Note 4 but having to decide between paying the insurance premium or paying the phone off {which are almost the same price}. But, the biggest problem is that Verizon is not carrying the Note line anymore. Where do I go from here since no one can tell me how to fix this issue without spending almost $300?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a phone that can keep a charge is very important tobarivka. If you have the extended warranty with your insurance, we can discuss a replacement phone after we provide some trouble-shooting steps to fix the issue. If the phone is damaged, you will need to contact the insurance company, file an insurance claim and pay the deductible to replace the phone. If there is no damage to your phone, please reach out to us on Facebook or Twitter @vzwsupport to discuss all your options.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
angelsix
Enthusiast - Level 2

I thought my micro-SD port had worn out -- it's happened on my prior Samsung cellphones.  HOWEVER, that's not the problem.  My Note 4 is now incredibly fussy about recognizing chargers.  Only ~4 of my 12 car chargers are now recognized.  Only 2 of my dozen+ wall chargers are recognized.  All were recognized before.  I didn't tie this to the specific date of the December update, but look back I think that's about when it happened.  My Note 4 does recognize the charging from USB ports on my computer, and our two cars.

None of my Qualcomm Fast Chargers are recognized.

Speculation -- since their Note 7 debacle, in the latest update Samsung made their phones unreasonably sensitive to charger voltage, as a way to force people to use only OEM Samsung (unreasonably expensive) chargers.  It's hard to actually tell which of my chargers are OEM, because so many knockoffs spoof the Samsung branding, but the two that now are recognized both look identical, including Samsung branding and the socket on the side instead of the end.  So, try lots of chargers (borrow from friends?  Test at a store?)

0 Likes