Re: Why is my 4g signal indicator white not blue?
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

I didn't think you were being sarcastic (removed)

OK So the point here is I don't want to have to BUY an app to replace something that came with the phone when I bought it.

The option to switch the vibrate / sounds on the lock screen has been removed, that's one of the gripes.

The option to change the text background has also been removed, again that's one of the gripes. These are the things we're complaining about. Maybe you don't have KitKat?

It's not that I hate change. no one likes change. But this isn't just a change it's taking away all the things we come to know and love about our Androids. The phones are literally cumbersome to use now

Edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

I don't think the Note 3 ever had blue icons. Prior to the KitKat update (JellyBean 4.3) the battery icon was green and most Verizon icons were red, uplink and downlink arrows were green and orange, but the signal meter was always white with bars and grey without bars. The KitKat update made everything white, which IMO is easier to read especially in sunlight.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Why is my 4g signal indicator white not blue?
Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

"Did you use Swype, the fabulous feature that's been part of Android for as long as I've had one. Gone, just like that leaving users in the lurch."

Swype is still available on the Note 3 after the KitKat update. It is built in with the default Samsung keyboard that I've been using since day 1.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Why is my 4g signal indicator white not blue?
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

Interesting. It's also a feature of the Google keyboard but I got a little nervouse when the window popped up and said DO NOT TYPE SEMNSATIVE CONTENT ON  THIS KEYBOARD AS IT WILL BE CAPTURED AND SENT TO GOOGLE

Or something to that effect. Not my style

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

The WiFi indicator is another issue. Previously the indicator would be white when the device was associated with an AP but required a sign in or other attention. Then would be blue when it had IP and full connectivity.

Now that it's always white makes it difficult to tell if you're really connected or not especially in an environment where you're roaming form AP to AP.

There were very valid reasons for the previous design that have now all been removed again making me feel like my phone was sent back to 2005.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mikeg814 wrote:

"Did you use Swype, the fabulous feature that's been part of Android for as long as I've had one. Gone, just like that leaving users in the lurch."

Swype is still available on the Note 3 after the KitKat update. It is built in with the default Samsung keyboard that I've been using since day 1.

Actually the Samsung keyboard uses the SwiftKey prediction technology which might also include their Flow function.

Both the Google keyboard and the SwiftKey Flow keyboard use a similar finger swiping motion to create words with their keyboard. Neither are quite the same as the Swype Keyboard function. There might be other keyboards on the Play Store also offering a swiping option, but those three are the ones I am aware of.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

Another anomaly we've discovered, and this is happening to myself and 3 others that I know. The clock and the Time / Date settings keep changing on the phone.

Sometimes the clock will change to a random time several hours off. Yesterday my phone changed into 24 hr format for no reason. I put it back to 12 hour then a few minutes later it cleared the auto timezone box. I put that back.

I friend of mine has had similar things happening just about every day.

Are you going to try to convince me that this is a feature too? That I'm doing something wrong or that there's an app to resolve the issue?

How about we all just admit that KitKat is not ready for release and is filled with problematic code and undesirable features.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Codewize,

Hmm that does seem to be a bit odd that you and a few other people are having the same issue. Do your friends also have the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on Verizon? Did you all notice this start happening once the software update happened? What zip code are you guys in? I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

No Galaxy. We all have the Motorola Razr MAXX. and I'll add another anomaly to the mix. My phone is synced with an Exchange account and the phone just today decided to duplicate all the folders in my Exchange mailbox. So thank you KitKat, I have a hundreds of extra folder in my already elaborate Exchange box.

Please Verizon, I beg of you, let me go back to Jellybean. The move to KitKat has cost me so much time and aggravation that it may actually be enough to move me away from Android and or Verizon. I just don't have this kind of time to waste

0 Likes
Codewize
Enthusiast - Level 3

KevinR_VZW

Did you run away? Does VZ have no answers for the mayhem? Would like to report additional anomalies. I think I mentioned sound settings changing randomly. The next thing I've discovered is that if you put the phone on vibrate, when you later take it off vibrate it looks like it does all the right things. The vibrate icon goes away, etc.

However, what you'll find is that your phone is off vibrate but ALL the sounds are at 0 volume so now the phone doesn't ring or vibrate causing missed calls and texts.

I can't tell you how many times a day I get screamed at because I'm not answering my phone. Why? Because I have no way to know when someones calling. I'd like some customer satisfaction please.

0 Likes