Why is Verizon withholding Wi-Fi Calling From the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge?
D_Impossible

Wi-Fi Calling is currently available on the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge on all major carriers, except Verizon's, why?

Samsung advertised the ability to perform Wi-Fi Calling, or Voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi), on the Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4 when they were first released, yet the features weren't  available on Verizon's models when they were released. It's been 2+ years and although Verizon has since enabled Wi-Fi Calling on the Note 4, they have not enabled it on the Note Edge, although both phones are almost identical internally. This is not acceptable, almost every new phone has this standard feature available, why is Verizon withholding it?

Withholding basic features like this is very concerning and motivates customers to leave Verizon and switch to other carriers, I hope Verizon takes this complaint and others like it seriously..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Verizon withholding Wi-Fi Calling From the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

D_Impossible- we know how convenient it is to use Wi-Fi Calling. Unfortunately, the Galaxy Note Edge is not eligible for the feature. However, you can look for any third party applications that may have the same advantage.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon withholding Wi-Fi Calling From the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

D_Impossible- we know how convenient it is to use Wi-Fi Calling. Unfortunately, the Galaxy Note Edge is not eligible for the feature. However, you can look for any third party applications that may have the same advantage.

YeseniaV_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes