Re: The 4.3 upgrade has completely messed up my phone.
southport5
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have 2 identical note 2's, 4.3 is/was not ready for release for this phone.  I don't know who dropped the ball.  The list of things that don't work correctly or as well as with 4.1.2 is substantial. not limited to.

GPS accuracy

battery life

charging issues

email (native app) bugs

menus force to beginning switching between apps

S note sluggishness

navigation interface missing

native and 3rd party software incompatibility/inability to use/install any version

camera sluggishness

WiFI does not work as well (seems both listening and output are weaker)

I've jumped through every hoop on fire with both Verizon and Samsung with many of these issues including server master resets.  These are bugs and purposely placed routines in the software.  Time for both to step up to the plate and admit it,or at least stop training support staff to tell customers it's a hardware issue.

If it's not broke DON'T FIX IT

maes1881
Enthusiast - Level 1

The 4.3 update messed up my phone too.  I loved it.  Had no issues with it.  It was fast, texting was amazing.  Now, everything is very slow.  Texting takes forever.  Swype is horrible.  It also removed the language feature on the spacebar. I actually used the english and spanish to swype a lot.  I tried downloading the spanish and it does nothing.  I keep getting the circle of death.  Why change something that worked perfectly Verizon?!!!!?  My battery also lasts a whole lot less.  That was one feature I loved most about this phone, the battery life.  This really bites. A lot of my aps also keep shutting down when they worked great.  Please fix this.

marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

The worst part about it is the fact that Verizon couldn't care less if the new software download screws up your phone or not. I went through this same BS at this same time last year. Tried and tried to get them to somehow revert my phone back to the old software. But the dumb (removed) people say it's not possible. Who really believes that? If they rolled out a software change once, what do they do? Trash it once they feel everyone has downloaded it?? I have been so hesitant to download the new software version, hitting the "download later" button every time it comes up on my screen. WHY MUST I DOWNLOAD IT??? GIVE ME THE OPTION TO REFUSE THE DOWNLOAD IF I CHOOSE!! IT'S MY PHONE!

This is the last download Verizon will force on me. Once the time comes that my phone will no longer allow me to reject the download, then and only then will I see how it works for me. If I have the same issues I had last year, well, my contract will be up this spring...and I'll be dammed if I renew with Verizon.

Of course, I'm surprised I wasted the past 5 minuted typing this as I know Verizon don't care....Heck, I'll be shocked if they even allow this post to be viewed before they edit or delete it so people don't know the truth. Beginning to think Verizon is in bed with the American gov't.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

maes1881
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm thinking the same thing too.  There are other issues that Verizon has messed up for me already, besides the latest update.  I think I will go to another company as soon as my contract is over.  I'm not waiting for it to get worse.

brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

lolz. The 4.3 upgrade is not a conspiracy.

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

You can reject the 4.3.  Go to SETTINGS. Then ABOUT PHONE.  Then UPGRADE SOFTWARE.  I had 3 options upgrade now, upgrade later or reject upgrade.  Sadly, I chose the wrong door.  Upgrade now.  my replacement phone has disappointed me. I get the message NO SIM CARD  all the time then lose connection. I open the phone and the sim card is where it should be not loose but tight in the slot. sigh. my sd card works for some apps not all. sigh. it used to work perfectly. I get message all the time * HAS STOPPED.  Obviously the software not working with 4.3.  sigh.    I thought I lost my phone.  I know I left in the market. I went back to market they said no one turned it in. I called Verizon to find out how much a replacement Note 2 would be. I was quoted $420. LOLZ. I mentioned a brand new Note 3 was $200 at Verizon retail.  He agreed with me.  LOLZ.  I called my phone. The manager at the grocery store answered. He found my phone next to the onions.  I was so close to ending the pain with a new Note 3.

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not saying the download is a conspiracy, I was stating how Verizon would (discussion of moderation removed)...as they have in the past when I post something they don't like.

Saying they are like the American gov't is comparing them as to only allowing the people to know what they want them to know and controlling the media in what is reported.

If it conflicts their interest, they edit or block the general public from viewing the truth.

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
marcus01
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, need I say more? I knew it would only be a matter of time before They find something that offends their little 'ole ears/eyes.

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

dude, they left all your conspiracy theory, lolz, and only edited out your bad mannered language. Get a grip.

islandjpa
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same problems for almost 2 months now and Verizon Customer support has been absolutley useless. Obviously at first they claim this is the first they've heard of any of these issues, which from time to time they still say. The rare tech that admits there are issues all have the same advice which has yet to fix anything of the major issues from what I've gathered from the countless online sites. All there so called solutions don't help at all. Factory reset only created additional headache of having to re-setup my phone. We pay your high prices for top quality service and frankly, we're not getting what we are paying for. STEP UP Verizon. You pushed an update that was already stopped by other carriers because it was these problems were evident from the get go. From what I've read all over the net you've already lost thousands of customers because of this. How many more do you need to lose before you take some action.

0 Likes