Why has the 4.3 upgrade completely messed up my phone?
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

The 4.3 update has messed up my Note2 so badly it's sad.  My wifi that worked perfectly before now is hit and miss in my own home.  It can't find signal, it's constantly dropping signal and I get message I have no connection even though 4G data connection exists.   Then,  the phone has hardware shorts and the screen locks and goes black constantly.   I mean constantly too.  I am always getting message now that this program and that program care not responding.   ughhhh.   From a phone that worked perfectly with never 1 issue to this nightmare is not a testament to whomever decided to roll out 4.3 without some testing on non factory Note 2s.  I called Verizon support and was told to do a factory reset option.  He forgot to mention it would wipe all the data which I pointed out to him.  He said I was the first to call about any issue with the 4.3 update.  Hmmmmm.  I'm hating my phone now and want to roll back to 4.1.  Please tell me I can do so and how. Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: The 4.3 upgrade has completely messed up my phone.
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solved by replacement phone.  Hardware issues made the decision easy fir the manager of Verizon.  Factory reset solves software issues but my hardware issues persisted.  Thanks for the advice.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi brentwoodperson,

We want your phone working the way you need it to! Did you end up doing the full reset? Did it help? Once a phone is updated, we're not able to revert it back to former versions.

ElizabethE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

No i have not done the factory reset option.  Losing all data, apps, and then having to replace it all after is more work then i want to do.  Based on the hardware problems I'm having it seems like i need a replacement phone.  How is that determined?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to lose information off of your device brentwoodperson but the hard reset can help with minor issues. You can back up some of your information. Here are the steps and information for how to back up your data http://vz.to/19daE8V . We always want to go through trouble-shooting steps before deterning if a replacement is needed. Once you have performed the hard reset, keep us posted. If you continue to have issues,  you can call us, visit a corporate store location or send us a private message here. We look forward to hearing from you.

KinquanaH_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
boychik0830
Contributor - Level 1

I am also having issues with 4.3 but I have a s3 not a note 2 on Verizon. why does Verizon push out a update if there so many bugs out there that have not been fixed very annoying.

brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

Solved by replacement phone.  Hardware issues made the decision easy fir the manager of Verizon.  Factory reset solves software issues but my hardware issues persisted.  Thanks for the advice.

0 Likes
volsfan0911

I've noticed horrible wi-fi reception and stability issues since the upgrade as well.  Currently on 4.3 and my phone now lives on "unstable internet connection" messages.  Have already had to factory reset after enhanced NFC SIM install, am really hoping to avoid a second one if possible.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear you were able to get that replacement phone and can now enjoy it again! Let us know if there's anything further we can do for you.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
brentwoodperson
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is a hardware issue when wifi doesnt work.  New phone for you.

0 Likes
Culchie23
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only problem we're having after the update is the wi-fi. I unplugged my home modem and router to re-arrange room. After I plugged everything back in, both my Note 2 and my wife's S3 can't get a wi-fi signal in our home. Says the connection is unstable, or that the connection was disconnected because it's too slow. Are you saying we BOTH need a replacement phone ??