Why does Verizon refuse to listen to it's customers
prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a bit confused, I completely understand that i have to turn in my much anticipated Note7. Yes i get it, I know that this was unforeseeable by both companies, but even much more unforeseeable by the people that bought them.

Why in the world is every reply for exchanging the phones aimed towards the Galaxy S7 & S7 Edge (or of course .... the Pixel?) These phones are not comparable, no it isn't just that they are older, they lack many of the features that those of us that steered away from purchasing those phones the begin with, holding out for the release of the note7, were expecting. That being said, we all know that the google pixel is coming and ....guess what.... readily available for preorder on Verizon. Those that want the pixel in exchange of their note 7, are probably already in on the pre-order. Those of us that don't think that the pixel compares with the note 7, we are looking for the LG v20.

Now numerous of the other cell phone companies have already made the preorder of the LG v20 available for their customers.

Why is it that although you know, Verizon "CARES" for us, can't "LISTEN" to us. I've skimmed over these posts and questions all morning, and i keep seeing it over and over! People asking for the V20. Is it so hard to listen to loyal customers?

Some may think that it's petty or even childish that I'm whining about not being able to get an answer out of Verizon about the LG v20 and letting us actually upgrading to it, instead of downgrading to the other options. But you know what, it's even more petty of Verizon to not give us, their customers a word on the preorder of the LG phone, which they're clearly not wanting to do, since there's quite a discernable favoritism over the Pixel.

Rest assured Verizon, if you can't listen to us, luckily this entire phone dilemma has ended up leaving all of my lines free of contract open to pursue options for an actual upgrade!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does Verizon refuse to listen to it's customers
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

Your concerns are very important to us. We wouldn't want to lose you over not being able to get a specific phone. We sincerely apologize for the Note 7 issues and that we really don't have details about the LG V20. If we had answers, we'd certainly give them to all of our customers who are inquiring about this phone because we don't want customers to leave of this. What we can do is go over options based on the phones we have available now. What is it about the LG V20 that has you intrigued?

SheritaH_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

Your concerns are very important to us. We wouldn't want to lose you over not being able to get a specific phone. We sincerely apologize for the Note 7 issues and that we really don't have details about the LG V20. If we had answers, we'd certainly give them to all of our customers who are inquiring about this phone because we don't want customers to leave of this. What we can do is go over options based on the phones we have available now. What is it about the LG V20 that has you intrigued?

SheritaH_VZWSupport

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

0 Likes
Misk
Enthusiast - Level 2

How does Verizon not have information about a phone that is set to release on three other US carriers in two weeks? I somehow doubt that there is not a plan in place for the V20 release already and somebody knows what it is. I don't think anyone is asking you guys to change your release date, but to just let us know what the plan is for it because for a lot of people it would be a great option to replace the Note 7 with. It compares spec wise and the screen size is the same. The DAC on this phone should be amazing and you have nothing else that will compare to that.

ChrisDG74
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is too busy pimping their exclusive Pixel to worry about the V20, which is the better phone.

prplrush
Enthusiast - Level 2

But that isn't quite the truth right? LG says the cellphone companies know when they can ship their phones and when they're being released. But that it's up to the individual companies to announce their own release dates, right? Or am i even more confused than i originally thought?

And no, i'm not interested in any of the other phones, the reason i'm aiming for the V20 is because the specs have more similarities with the note 7 then any of the other phones. And to put it bluntly, although there was an appeal for me to the pixel, but finding out its "water/dust resistant" and that the battery is not removable.....yeah, sorry, but never going down that road again, wont even cover it lol.

RKight
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've already got a game plan in place.  Verizon doesn't want to tell us when the V20 comes out, and they don't want to give loaners until it does.  They claim safety is their top priority but it would seem to me their top priorities are pushing the old phones they know people don't want and pushing their new exclusive golden child (that's way overpriced for what it offers, in my humble opinion).  My plan has been to keep my Note 7 until the V20 comes out.  As I'm not under contract, If I'm forced to return it before that time, I've decided to return it for a refund and suspend my line.  A local grocery store has prepaid phones on clearance.  I can grab a basic LG android phone for $10 right now, or a low end Lumia Windows phone for $20.  Once the V20 comes out, I will look at my options and decided IF I should order one through Verizon, or if I would be better served by one of the other three carriers.  Hell, I might just like the prepaid rates enough to deal with a paid off $10-20 phone.

GRETHO12
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hey prplrush...it's here 10/20.....YAY!!!

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/10/17/verizon-lg-v20/

KEVTHA27
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is all I have to say about Verizon and Samsung's customer support.

1) I have a pink line on my edge, call Verizon and they tell me it's under warranty.  They have me do a physical damage check.  I don't notice anything and they have me send it in.

2) I get a replacement phone.  The new phone is a refurbished.  But then they tell me I have to pay $299 for it because there is a small fracture/scratch on the glass..I never even noticed it.

3) I tell them okay just send me back my old phone.  I had it in an otter box and it still worked.... I'll live with the line.  They tell me no and I'm stuck with the refurbished one and am now down $299.

4)  I complain to supervisors at Verizon....no help.  They tell me it's Samsung, I complain to Samsung....no help.  Obviously there's a problem, because they try to send me pictures of the supposed damage that I didn't notice and still have yet to receive the pictures.  Perhaps there was damage, but why didn't the Verizon rep have me send them pictures before sending it in?  They base it on a scratch before returning it that I didn't notice?  It seems they take your word for it, then when they get it in, they follow a different rules.

5) Believe it or not my now refurbished phone they sent me, now has the pink line!  I know it's under warranty but their system of ripping people off makes me never want to use the again for warranty work.

Bottom line DON'T HAVE SAMSUNG TAKE your phone via Verizon!  it's a scam.

I blame Verizon for telling me it's under warranty and Samsung for the actual scam.

Sad thing is I have 2 Galaxy phones, 1 Samsung fridge, and 3 Samsung TVs and about 3 years ago Samsung came out and did good work on the TV, but now since the company appears to be having issues with phones and Galaxy notes exploding and losing money, I think they are doing stuff like this to cut cost.  I won't purchase from Samsung again after this horrible experience and am really disappointed with Verizon.  I feel trapped as I have 7 phones on their plan.

mama23dogs
Legend

Take the phone to a corporate store.  They will inspect the phone for you.  You can take photos at that time and have the employee verify no damage.  They will then send in for warranty replacement.

0 Likes
KEVTHA27
Enthusiast - Level 1

The one sent to Samsung for warranty repair can't be returned to me, so no matter what I'm out the $299.00.  I asked them to return it.  I can go above and beyond taking pictures of the pink line on the refurb phone that does go in and out, but at this point I'll live with it after the last nightmare.