Re: Why did Verizon remove Samsung Cloud. Your Cloud service sucks, and I rather have theirs
wayne88
Contributor - Level 1

When I first set up the phone, after setting up google/gmail and security features etc. your are asked if you either want to set up or log into your Samsung account. I just logged into the account that I had since the Note 3. If this is your first Samsung device or you failed to set up a Samsung account for another Samsung phone, you are also prompted to create a Samsung account. It is so seamless with AT&T and other carriers (having flashed AT&T ODIN files and even took phone to ATT for one week. But I missed some features about the Note 7 that AT&T didn't have and won't likely add until after the recall. Like Video calling and Wifi calling for Note 7. So I reflashed the VZW software and came back. You can find Samsung cloud using apps like QuickShortcutMaker  (look in activities rather than apps and then look for backup and you will find Samsung backup and restore) then create a shortcut for it.I am trying now to get "Device Maintenance" on my Note 7 (seamless on AT&T in settings menu). Anybody find it buried I the VZW interface?

0 Likes
Re: Why did Verizon remove Samsung Cloud. Your Cloud service terrible, and I rather have theirs
dutch724
Enthusiast - Level 1

The quick shortcut maker does not work any more. Nova does work either. Verizon has closed up all the loops holes for its customers to keep them from getting Samsung Cloud. 

Its a shame that Verizon feels they can control what you are allowed to have on your phone. So much for freedom of choice. Verizon is so greedy to take a free feature you get with your phone to charge you for their version of it. BUT if you have an iPhone then you can use the apple cloud. How does that work? Anyone with an android phone on verizon's network should be offered free cloud space that is equal to what Samsung offers if they are not going to let us have Samsung Cloud. 

I have called Verizon about not being able to install Samsung Cloud. Their tech support had no idea. They sent me to talk to Samsung...... Samsung said I needed to talk to Verizon. This is action poor support from a premium cell phone company. I think it's about time to start looking for another carrier for this one issue. I'm not willing to lose all my very important data on my phone just to try out any old cloud service with 5gb of storage. I most certainly don't trust Google or Microsoft with their rep for looking through everyone's data. I have heard that Verizon's cloud service is not the greatest either. I would rather trust the company that made the phone.

Time to start demanding Verizon change their agreement with Samsung or we leave to another network. There is plenty to choose from.

Dutch724
Re: Why did Verizon remove Samsung Cloud. Your Cloud service terrible, and I rather have theirs
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes