Why can't I manage conference calls?
msjkristina
Enthusiast - Level 2

If I need to make a conference call or three-way call there are no options that allow me to disconnect with either party.  The only option seems to be hanging up on both people.  I use my phone a lot for business and it's helpful for me to have multiple parties on a call.  It's unprofessional to have to hang up and call back.  It seems like other carriers (T-Mobile) have an option that allows them to 'manage' conference calls allowing them to hang up on selected parties rather than end the entire call.  Is there something I am missing or did Verizon leave this highly functional feature out of their phones?  Is there a way to obtain this functionality?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why can't I manage conference calls?
msjkristina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am happy to report this has been fixed. Way to go Verizon! I am extremely happy with this update.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have read where the feature is not on the Note 4 but is on the S5 and Note 3 for conference management.  One other source stated that it is not available when using VoLTE (advanced Calling.)

msjkristina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wonder of this will be fixed with the Lollipop update?

0 Likes
msjkristina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am happy to report this has been fixed. Way to go Verizon! I am extremely happy with this update.

0 Likes
FTCPublications

No -- You still CANNOT manage conference calls, even on lollipop.  I have it, it has never worked on ANY phone on Verizion.  They call it decoupling and it is a tragedy!

VZW uses outdated BOC (Bell Operating Company) equipment from PAC-BELL and they have not addressed managing conference calls, back in the 1980s there was no need.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

My G2 (on KK and LP) can merge calls into a 3-way or more way.

FTCPublications

Yes you can ADD, but you cannot manage the callers, separate them, or manage the conference when others hang up.  We call it decoupling and it's VZW wide.  Give it a try, after you add your callers, attempt to drop someone.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

download_20150415_174812.pngdownload_20150415_174805.png

Snn5
Legend

Seems to work fine:  I could make a call, then when they answered, I could add a call, then they answered and I merged calls.  Then, I could manage callers and hang up on either one to drop them from the conference call.

0 Likes
msjkristina
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am able to manage my calls and am very happy with that! I am able to chose which person I need to disconnect from and it has made my life so much easier.  I am extremely happy that this issue was resolved and I can maximize the capabilities of my phone.