Re: Note 5 Marshmallow Issue!
dreadlordnaf
Enthusiast - Level 1

"This marshmallow disaster has wrought numerous issues on Note 5's where there were none. "

^This here times 100.  I had a perfectly good phone and service with the Note 5 until this horrible marshmallow update.  Cant stream a single song longer than 20 or 30 seconds, cant download files, internet drops constantly, tons of other errors the day the update was installed..  This is ridiculous to take a perfectly functioning device and F it all up forcing the customer to spend hours looking for workarounds or trying to do resets.

Going to look into that Sprint offer to buy out your contract.

jessrs0120
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been with Verizon since theyou were Alltel...and I am disappointed in this update. It is causing a lot of apps to lag and I can't use wifi on my phone and expect anything else in my house to work. I messaged Verizon on their Facebook page and received a response that it is my modem. I have to do it...hahahahaha. Um, no. I reset my modem multiple times and my phone. Now I'm going to try the helpful tips from this thread. It is sad that it's the users that help the most while Verizon nor Samsung show any accountability.

0 Likes
scoob420w
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having this same problem with my Note 5, as well as my email is not syncing like it should and my battery life is gotten worse since the update. I'm not sure why the battery life is a problem now since according to the update it was suppose to improve battery life. I can show connected to wifi but most of my apps give me a connection problem saying that I'm not connected such as Words with Friends, Facebook, etc. If this is the new improved OS, i'd rather go back to the old one. Is there any plans to correct these issues?

0 Likes
jpheim589
Enthusiast - Level 2

After resetting network settings, I continued to have the issues only while bluetooth was on. 2 weeks ago I received an update that fixed all of these errors.

Thank you!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are right, scoob420w, battery life improvement was built into the update. To build off of the success of the this thread's original poster, let's remove your Wi-Fi connection and reconnect. Here's how to remove the WiFi network: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-176061/ After you reconnect, share with us your results.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
srizzo

I have the same problem, most noticeably unable to connect to Google Store through my home wifi.  Other devices connect to this router perfectly fine.  I have cleared cache, disconnected/reconnected, powered on into safe mode, factory reset both my phone and router, REPLACED my phone.  Wifi worked fine on the new phone until installing the Marshmallow upgrade.  I can connect fine at the grocery store's free wifi but not in my own house.  I have eaten up 75% of my data plan and still have 2 weeks to go in my billing cycle.

Can someone help?

0 Likes