Re: Note 5 Marshmallow Issue!
skiraser

Upgraded my Note 5 to 6.01 marshmallow and also having wifi connection issues. I tried the fixes listed, to no avail. Help please!

0 Likes
Kevinw423
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is an issue for me whenever connecting to a 2.4ghz band wifi signal. I can confirm it on two different note 5 phones. It is only and issue after the Marshmallow update. It can be resolved by turning off bluetooth, however this eliminates all functionality for me with my fitness band and bluetooth headphones. It isn't something I should have to do in the first place. Verizon Admin Verizon Wireless Customer Support Verizon Wireless Admin there are multiple threads relating to this issue on here. Are you looking into this?

skiraser

Factory reset fixed the issue

0 Likes
Kevinw423
Enthusiast - Level 2

Doesn't work for everyone. Tried this on two note 5. Both exhibit the same behavior.

ScreenNamePlaceholder
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had to do the same thing -- turn off my bluetooth when I want to use WIFI Smiley Sad

Hope a fix comes soon!

arehrlich
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been experiencing the same issue - WiFi works fine as long as bluetooth is off.  Once I turn bluetooth on WiFi becomes useless.

Note 5 on FIOS network.

Alan

0 Likes
tlbignerd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've ended up with the same issue. I'm glad I found this post. Turning off Bluetooth everything works fine. With bluetooth, regardless of what WiFi network I'm connected to, my WiFi works for about 10 - 20 seconds and then just stops.

Sevenshubby
Enthusiast - Level 1

Great suggestion! Worked for me. C'mon VZW, let's get this fixed.

mg24k
Enthusiast - Level 2

This marshmallow disaster has wrought numerous issues on Note 5's where there were none.  Now, I have a boatload of issues from CONSTANT restarts, to unstable Verizon messaging app, to constant freezing/lag, to constantly being asked to input a pin (when I normally would use fingerprints), etc.  I've resorted to turning my device off until an OTA fix is released.  I'm not going to ruin my battery or gamble with my phone's hardware anymore.

I'm stunned between Verizon, Google, and SAMSUNG not one of these major organizations has issued a statement about this bungled nightmare on their Flagship device on the biggest network in the States?!?!!?!?!

Perhaps the three of these organizations enjoy tempting class action lawsuits.

DayzdnConfused
Enthusiast - Level 2

Factory Reset and not allowing Google to restore any saved settings ended up resolving the issue for me.

0 Likes