Why can't I control my music via bluetooth?
RCinMaryland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hello,

Since the 4.3 update, my Bluetooth stereo headset will not control music on my Note 2.  It connects and the music plays, but now the play, stop, forward, and backward buttons do not work on the headset.  These have to be done on the phone itself now, not the headset.  I pulled out my old Droid 4 and the same headset worked perfectly, so I am sure that the problem is not the headset itself.

Then I experienced the exact same problem in my car.  The phone connects with the Bluetooth system just fine and plays music, but the car system can no longer control the music.  It only accepts commands from the phone itself.

This is a pain.  I prefer the previous version with no problems.   I used to use this feature all the time on the subway and while excercising...and driving

Is there a solution for this, or a fix in the works??? Smiley Sad

One more question: How can I completely remove the ballon notifications from the lock screen???  I don't want them at all since I already have notifications in the top notification bar.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 4.3 Update - Bluetooth Control Problems (BT Stereo Headset, and Car)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this particular functionality is very important because I also use it daily on my device RCinMaryland. I'm sorry your now having issues with it after the update. Have you tried to completely unpair the bluetooth with your phone and car to re-establish a connection. Also try wiping the Cache partition. To wipe the cache partition, you simultaneously press and hold the Power button Volume up button Home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the Power button. Release the volume up button and Home key when the recovery screen appears. From the recovery screen, use the volume down key to select wipe cache partition, then the power key to select it. Once it's done, select reboot system now using and push the power button. Then unpair and re-pair the car. Keep us posted. This may also help others with syncing issues.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

acgott
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been having trouble with the Bluetooth as well since the update.  Previously with 4.2 the phone would sync automatically to my Sync in my Raptor fine without any trouble what so ever.  Now when I get in my truck the phone almost always does not connect.  I have to go in and manually turn off bluetooth on the phone, re-enable it and then select my truck from the list of available paired devices.  This update has been nothing but a big PITA.  If this is not fixed soon I will be tempted to leave and go get a Nexus 5.

RCinMaryland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yep.  You nailed it.  This update is a (removed).  A lot of people are having various problems with the update on the Note 2. They obviously did not do much homework.  I was really happy with my phone before; it worked perfectly and I could control options as I saw fit.  Now I have less control, and a simple but important functionality for me doesn't work anymore.  I never thought I would wish for fragmentation on my device, but I want it now.  I didn't need this update, and now I don't want it.

My Droid 4 is looking better.  I may just go back to it.  Come on Verizon-Samsung!!!

Comment edited as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know this particular functionality is very important because I also use it daily on my device RCinMaryland. I'm sorry your now having issues with it after the update. Have you tried to completely unpair the bluetooth with your phone and car to re-establish a connection. Also try wiping the Cache partition. To wipe the cache partition, you simultaneously press and hold the Power button Volume up button Home key until the Samsung logo appears, then release only the Power button. Release the volume up button and Home key when the recovery screen appears. From the recovery screen, use the volume down key to select wipe cache partition, then the power key to select it. Once it's done, select reboot system now using and push the power button. Then unpair and re-pair the car. Keep us posted. This may also help others with syncing issues.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

acgott
Enthusiast - Level 2

So basically, we would have to perform an extra step for something that WASN'T an issue with PREVIOUS updates...  Sounds like whoever was testing this should have followed through with due diligence...  Pretty crappy having to do an extra step to HOPE it works... 

RCinMaryland
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wow, this cache partition reset solution did work, but I did have one problem.  The phone has to be off for this three-button approach to work.  I initially got frustrated because I couldn't get it to work after several attempts.  After doing my own search on the web for the cache partition reset procedure, I realized the phone must be first turned off.  Then, it worked just fine. Now the car and headset bluetooth controls seem to working normally. Smiley Happy

I appreciate you responding and giving me this solution.  But, somehow this information needs to get out to customers.  This is not an obvious fix.  No one would is likely to figure this out on their own, seriously.  I did a huge amount of internet searching on my own before coming here and did not find a solution (time consuming and frustrating).  Somehow this information needs to get out there within easy reach.

Again, I appreciate your help, but acgott has a legitimate point the comments.  I'm glad to get this fixed, but I really should not have had to go through all this drama for common functionality.

Hey, on Question 2, is there a way to remove the new large notification balloons that now pop up on my lock screen?  They are redundant and large.  I prefer not to have them.

Thanks for the help so far.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whew! RCinMaryland,

I am glad to hear that clearing the cache partition did work. Thanks for your time and patience while troubleshooting this issue. Lock screen and Wallpaper selections are pre-installed on the device. You can check your Lock screen options to see if you can customize the lock screen with a different picture or design.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

iGo_
Enthusiast - Level 1

What's sad is, I'll never get the time back.... the time I've taken to research why this issue "randomly" started happening. What's sad is you haven't fixed it so others are searching for answers as well. Disappointed.

And it's "you are" = "you're" not "your having a problem". Ughhhh

0 Likes
Maineiac69

I was wondering if this will fix my issue with answering phone calls on my bluetooth while I'm streaming radio stations through the headset plug in on the top of my Note2? In the past I've heard the phone ring on my headset and I can connect to the conversation but I have no audio on my bluetooth headset. Instead it tries to route the conversation through the headset plug through the wire attached to my radio in my vehicle. So when I disconnect the wire from the headset jack the phone hangs up.....

0 Likes