Why Does My Note 7 Have Duplicate Contacts After Update?
Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I upgraded to the Note 7 yesterday and everything was good with the updating, etc...

Except for one thing.

I got my Google contacts downloaded and they are all on there.  The problem I am having is that I have my "contacts" area and then, at the start of the scroll screen, I have a section that says "updated".  All of my contacts are there as well.  How do I get the "updated" portion of that to stop showing up?  I don't want to have two sets of contacts to scroll through.

I also powered down the phone and restarted it to see if that fixed the problem and it did not.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicate Contacts Issue
Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I went back in and it seems it has fixed itself.  I have no idea what happened or how it did it, but it did it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

Stuball76,

Congratulations on your new phone. We're pretty sure you must be excited. Hearing that you're seeing those contacts in both sections is rather concerning although it is pretty normal. What happens if you try merging the contacts? To do this open the actual Contacts app, then tap Menu > Settings > Merge duplicate contacts. Please let us know if this helps.

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

This only impacts one contact which is my sister.  It does not impact any of the other ones, which is all of them.

0 Likes
Stuball76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

I went back in and it seems it has fixed itself.  I have no idea what happened or how it did it, but it did it.

0 Likes
tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

The same thing happened to me but it cleared itself up overnight Smiley Happy.

0 Likes