Where is the 4.3 Update for the Verizon Galaxy note 2??
virgil-606

beginning to feel like my droid bionic days.

can't get a straight answer from anyone any obviously vzw ain't got  >>removed<<  to fess up and keep us informed.

>>Edited to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Re: Where is the 4.3 Update for the Verizon Galaxy note 2??
GabrielRayven
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am right there with you. I am now hearing talks of 4.4 coming to the Note 2 but still have not received a SINGLE update on this phone since I got it almost a year ago. This "flagship" that we have isn't getting much of any attention, and really making the risk with rooting the device more acceptable because at least then I can get updates and bug fixes instead of ignored. I can sit for hours on the phone with Verizon and in the stores with no clarification. Not only am I starting to feel like VW doesn't care about supporting the product, but worse so knowing I am locked into a "dead" device unless I pay full price for a different phone. Thanks but no thanks.

Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/12/03/galaxy-s4-galaxy-s3-galaxy-note-2-android-4-3-update-final-breakdown/ looks like only sprint has it

Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

Have u tried Kies air to update it

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/12/04/galaxy-note-2-android-4-3-update-roll-continues-u-s/  The above link adds to the frustration as US Cellular now has the 4.3 update and Big Red still does not, the Note 2 has the least problems with the update and yet we still do not have it?  No information Verizon, way to upset your customers just to bloatware the cap out of 4.3.  Pushing customers towards other carriers is bad for business but I am sure you are not worried about the customer as much as the bottom line.  If one person pays and uses the Verizon Navigation app on a smart phone, maybe that offsets the cost of putting it on every phone.

john98026

No Kies with Verizon Smiley Sad

0 Likes
Maliceful
Enthusiast - Level 3

Kies does not allow interaction for updating the Note for the Verizon Variant

0 Likes
Paul77
Contributor - Level 1

>> Duplicate post removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.  See <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
ken_tag
Enthusiast - Level 1

Maybe you can answer this Gabriel. I am a total novice when it comes to smart phones. My youngest son helps me a lot, but I don't think he can answer this. I don't know how to tell if I am about to get an upgrade, or in the process of getting an upgrade, or if I must get the upgrade via my computer or WiFi. Do I have to make the first move, or does Verizon? Oh, BTW, I am talking about my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 2, Android Version 4.1.2. There was a leaked chart online that said the 4.3 update would be released 11/29/2013. Various folks say that kind of leak means nothing.

Any help to allay my confusion and anxiety will be appreciated.

Ken

0 Likes
bluestar
Contributor - Level 1

Ken, you don't have to do anything. Verizon will push the update directly to your phone when it's ready. You'll receive a message indicating the update is available and asking you if you'd like to install it. Be sure your battery is fully charged when you accept. I, for one, am glad we haven't received it yet. Lots of complaints from those who have on other carriers...wifi issues, bluetooth issues, and more.

0 Likes