Re: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

You are right the update got pulled. It's no longer available.

0 Likes
DudeBrah
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was able to update my Note 3 before it got pulled, but I have been noticing a few things while messing around with my phone. First, I noticed that none of the pre-installed VZW apps updated like they did with the S4. I also noticed that I can no longer resize while using multi window. One plus I did see was that it freed up .33 gigs of RAM, which is kind of a big deal. I now have a maximum of 2.71 gigs, up from the original 2.38. And Google Wallet actually works now.

cunningj8
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to finish downloading it at work but wasn't able to install because i don't have administrative privileges on my work computer, i made a copy of the file just incase something happened and right when i got home found out they pulled it, so i used odin to upgrade with the official copy i backed up and it worked fine keeping my stuff intact.  Wondering if they found a bug or something which might be why they pulled it.

0 Likes
shirke
Enthusiast - Level 3

Mine running well so far. hard to tell the difference between this version and 4.3. only issue I've had so far is the Visual Voice Mail app tells me that basic visual voice mail the app throws a reminder in the notification area after every reboot. Annoying but not horrible. but I could tell immediately that it was running faster and smoother.

0 Likes
getnby41

Any way I can get the copy from you? I was to late to get it before they pulled it.

James

0 Likes
sineresonance
Enthusiast - Level 3

I just received an OTA update.  I'll post again when everything is done.

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

KitKat is now available OTA. If you don't see the popup display showing up, you can go to your settings and press software update and it should be there.

sineresonance
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish that they would update the Galaxy Note 10.1 2012 Edition. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
crazyoldman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just confirming OTA availability...downloading now. 

Thanks Mike.

0 Likes
getnby41

I am downloading the update now.

0 Likes