Re: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Is your note 3 the white or rose gold note 3 by chance? My wife's rose gold note 3 doesn't charge with the oem supplied Samsung charger. She keeps getting the slow charging message to use the charger that came with it. This is the second 3.0 USB cable she's used from the Note 3 and she still gets that. Could be a problem with the white and rose gold ones as I've heard frog others with them. Mine is the black one and it works just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jmuscol1, today is a new day. This 15 year wireless relationship is important to us and we want to work this out. Are you having issues with the charging cable that came with your phone or did you purchase that cable as an additional accessory?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Wow wow wow.... The S3 is seriously getting an update today? Build vrucnc1? What garbage is this? So newer phones and much older phones are going to get updates before the Note 3 does? This is ABSURD!! The DNA got one? Who else needs an update before you push out the Note 3 update? Droid Charge? Nexus? Somebody at Verizon headquarters has lost their mind and priorities. Someone or lots of people in the Verizon engineering and quality assurance department has also been slacking on the Note 3. Maybe it's time to fire these "employees" and hire on a few from the Sprint, T-Mobile and AT&T and US Cellular Networks so they can show those guys how to get a now 6 month old OS out to a late 2013 "Flagship" device. They've all managed to get the same KitKat OS out to their Note 3's in a respectable time and have their priorities straight.

mystik1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just can't believe 4.4 is not out for the Note 3 yet.  I keep waiting, but it's becoming insane.  Every day T-Mobile is sounding better.

BjKahler82

I dont know how Verizon could still be "testing" this update....How much more bloat can you possibly shove into this update Verizon??!!?!?

0 Likes
QNote3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Under Jelly Bean, Google Wallet (NFC) Tap&Pay was disabled by Verizon, at

least on this phone. This is a documented fact. I guess they didn't like

anything to compete with its own "Google Wallet" type app ISIS. In KitKat

no such restriction exists. I wonder if this is what's holding this up.

Rafael

0 Likes
Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

I Hate Verizon Update people. In fact only thing I like about Verizon is their service.  Everything else sucks about them! How is it May 2 and your flagship phone ain't up to date! And crap phones beating the Note 3 to a major update.

Robotman
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon has until 7pm tonight to get me that kit kat update or I'm having Sprint buy out my contract and me and my family are leaving Verizon to join the Sprint Framily plan.  Get on it Verizon.

Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon has failed to deliver for another week.... smh.

Mikeg814
Contributor - Level 1

Yep, Verizon cell service is the best, but their customer and developer service is lacking. KitKat is 6 months old, if not older and the launch of Android 4.5 / 5.0 is already in the works. Verizon is treating the Galaxy Note 3 like a paper weight instead of a top notch $700-$800 device. They did the same thing almost 3 years ago with the Samsung Droid Charge by keeping it on Fro-Yo for many months after 2.3 Gingerbread came out. Verizon must have an issue with Samsung because if it was the Motorola Droid series, the updates are almost immediate.