Re: Where is Android 4.4 KitKat for the Verizon Galaxy Note 3?!?
QNote3
Enthusiast - Level 3

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/04/03/verizon-galaxy-note-3-android-4-4-kitkat-update-what-not-to-expect/

Rafael

0 Likes
AndroidDev
Enthusiast - Level 3
crazyoldman
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is probably a stupid question but Verizon releases the Galaxy 5 this Friday.  It runs 4.4 Kitkat.  Would this indicate their network can handle Samsung devices running KitKat?  I know there are separate challenges pushing out upgrades, but was wondering whether the G5 release means anything.  Thanks.

rcschnoor
Legend

The Samsung GS5 release simply means that they will be selling the Samsung GS5, nothing more. It has nothing to do with any other Samsung devices.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Jmuscol1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just a thought / theory - Its evident they have no plans on releasing the 4.4 update on anything Samsung outside of selling the new S5. Being that they have committed to shipping x amount of units, and have opted to not provide the update to other Samsung phones, it stinks of money. Making sure you can sell the amount of ordered S5 units with their 4.4 software pre-loaded, marks that they know the software works fine on their network. Seeing as how they will have to move the number of units committed to, they don't want to miss out on the market share, and also want to claim the most unique users attracted to buying the S5 from Verizon. They will see that the Note 3 and other Samsung phone sales are lagging without the software update and will eventually offer the update on these phones to move them off their deck before serious devaluation.

etsailor
Enthusiast - Level 1

1 week and i'm moving to t mobile.

QNote3
Enthusiast - Level 3

The other day, a friend of mine with Verizon fell in love with my Note 3.

As his contract was up he decided to compare data plans and decided to

switch to TMobile where he got his Note 3. As soon as he got his phone it

downloaded and installed KitKat. I was happy for him and speechless at the

same time.

Rafael

lando13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners:

What Verizon posted on Samsung Galaxy S 5: How Does It Compare to the S III and S 4? is just really bad ethical practice when every other carrier has the 4.4 update. They are promoting their new phone because it has 4.4, purposefully withholding it from us.

Why we should care:

KitKat 4.4 has features like better battery life, faster performance, tap to pay, better caller ID, and much more. Read about all the features here: http://www.android.com/versions/kit-kat-4-4/

I encourage everyone to take this issue to all the social media outlets you can so that Verizon can really understand the impact of bad marketing and treating current customers like dirt.

Remember to use the hashtag: GiveUsKitKat #GiveUsKitKat

Post to and unlike Verizon's Facebook page:

Verizon Wireless | Facebook

Tweet:

VZW Support (VZWSupport) on Twitter

Verizon Wireless USA (VerizonWireless) on Twitter

Verizon Wireless (VZWnews) on Twitter

Verizon (Verizon) on Twitter

Google+:

Verizon Wireless - Google+

Read more about what's happening:

http://www.androidorigin.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-s4-kitkat-update-android-4-4-2-delay/

http://www.androidorigin.com/verizon-samsung-galaxy-note-3-kitkat-update-android-4-4-2-delay

Archon0670
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thats complete (removed). Most of those bloatware apps restart themselves.  Some dont even have the option to turn them off.  Crap.  Crap.  (removed).  Man I feel for you folks that do customer service, its a hard job I was customer service also.

That being said... that was a (removed) answer. I have a note 3 and I am astonished at the amount of bloatware on it.  I wonder if you actually believe the stuff they have you learn in your training classes.

Just because your manager says it, does not mean its true.  You guys need to quick mucking our phones (yes thats right, we paid for them they are OUR phones) and give us the (removed) update already, sans bloatware.

Thanks.

Edited as required by the

Message edited by admin_moderator

0 Likes
Thunderbolt26
Enthusiast - Level 3

GALAXY NOTE3 USERS WITH VERIZON ARE ABOUT TO BE 2 UPDATES BEHIND AS USUAL.

0 Likes