When will the Note 3 receive another update to resolve all the problems that came with KitKat?
2wings4icarus

I have chosen to reach out here as I had little luck getting resolve via phone call as I waited on hold for an exorbitant amount of time.

My Note 3 was purchased brand new. I have never modded it, rooted it or changed anything to the OS. My Note 3 was purchased by me at full retail so this hurts more than say if it was an upgrade.

My recent upgrade (term used loosely) to 4.4.2 has been nothing but a complete headache. I was curious if anyone knew if the Note 3 was due for an update to resolve some of the issues associated with 4.4.2? Below is a small list of problems I have had over the last few months:

- Poor battery life (no surprise there). I might get one day out of it now. Whereas I used to get a full 2 days.

- Phone lags when opening apps,

- VERY laggy when screen is asked to rotate - text messages and photos for example.

- Reviewing pictures: when device it rotated to landscape pic will not rotate at all sometimes.

- During the viewing of photos the

- 13MP camera used to take unbelievable pics. Cannot take a decent pic to save my life now.

- Device falls out of 4G all the time and will not "find" 4G again unless I power cycle phone.

- When typing emails the cursor will move around the screen and begin typing in various areas of the body of email. This is most frustrating when trying to type a professional email to clients.

- Phone will place its own phone calls to people in my phone book without my acknowledgement. No record of call in log. Friends have told me that I called them and left a massive voice mail. Co-worker has had same issue.

- Caller ID will show someone in my contacts as calling, once call is answered the caller is someone other than what the caller ID stated it was.

- Phone power cycles itself at completely random times.

- When the OEM charger is plugged in the phone will randomly stop charging and then begin charging again. This will go on for several hours at times.

While I am always excited to receive new Android updates I thought that Verizon would have tested this a little harder before infecting millions of phones.

0 Likes
Re: When will the Note 3 receive another update to resolve all the problems that came with KitKat?
FirefighterBgRG
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have had almost all of the same issues with my note 3, since the update. With the exception of the charging issue and the random power cycles. I have had one additional issue. when I make a call with a headphones plugged in the person I am calling can't hear me. I hang up and call back and then they can hear me, as if the mute were on, but it is not. The head phones are just headphones, no mic. I did not have this problem before the update.

0 Likes
Re: When will the Note 3 receive another update to resolve all the problems that came with KitKat?
2wings4icarus

Just as an update, I fully charged my battery just before I went to bed the other night. I used it lightly just before I fell asleep. The phone was at 92%, when I woke up the phone was 33%!

I used an app called System Panel and the CPU was active all night! What the hell is my phone doing all night, lol.

Just sad...

0 Likes