Re: $100 Samsung Credit
rcschnoor
Legend

tschmalz wrote:

Please stop using the word "upgrade"... i believe this is called a "downgrade". Thank you.

Verizon has a glossary of terms and what they mean when referring to the Verizon service.

"upgrade" is defined as follows:

"A transaction enabling the Account Owner to purchase a new device (often times at a discounted price) for one or more wireless lines in an account."

It doesn't say ANYTHING about being a better, worse or the same level of device, simply that you are purchasing a "new device (often times at a discounted price)"

0 Likes
tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

LOL ok dude.

CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

At this point, I am pretty fed up with Samsung and Verizon.  I am charging up my old Galaxy 5S and will be going to the Verizon store to drop off my Note 7.  The T-mobile store and the Sprint store are within a block, so It is time to shop my plan with 6 smartphones (three Apple and 3 Galaxy) all coming off contract by Jan 2017.

KATAUB42
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told by my Verizon store that I would only receive store credit for the case and screen protector which i paid $60 (which cracked on its own hours after the salesman installing it, not being dropped, and have still never recieved a replacement for.) Fenton, Mo store more or less told me this is a Samsung problem, not there's. They put me on hold forever and eventually they just hang up. A nightmare to deal with.

tschmalz
Enthusiast - Level 3

"In other news, Microsoft to release the Surface Phone next week!".........in my dreams.

0 Likes
tc2013
Contributor - Level 1

If  uncle "SAMSUNG" is watching this thread: Sir, this is an insult $100!!  Which Samsung phone can i buy as an "upgrade" for $100?!!

IMHO, you (SAMSUNG) should give us all Note7 owners (or victims) a free GalaxyS7Edge to use, i don't mind signing a clause or putting deposit on the future Note8 (or whatever phone with a Stylus pen there).

But this temporary replacement lesser phones gotta be FREE!  (Sorry, i seldom do CAP on my writings, cuz I know it's a bit rude....but this is how frustrated I am currently! After two recalls. After many trips (out of my valuable time) to/from the Verizon stores. After worrying nights that the phone will explode in my sleeps. After worrying days that the note will burn my skin in my pants/pockets. After all the inconvenience that i have to figure out "what's next"?!

If I wasn't a big fan of Samsung Galaxy Note7 at the first place, i would be a happy camper which still (frugally) using my almost dying Note3.

Smiley Sad

ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope we don't have to wait around for the "special" box and shipping instruction unless it is going to be soon!

CHRLEN56
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is the master at "bait and switch".  I have yet to see the credit on paying sales tax twice for my Note 7, but I have had to pay my credit card company twice. 

Earlier this year, I and millions of other Verizon customers saw data usage soar, because Verizon issued an "update" that constantly turned off WiFi and ignored the settings users established (download / update on WiFi only).  Millions of customers got screwed by verizon on data usage, leading to record profits by this POS company.  The architects of this scam will get 7 figure bonus's while the sheep meekly pay the price. I am still waiting for my data credit that was promised to me by Verizon in July. 

Samsung is reimbursing Verizon handsomely for this major boondoggle:  Verizon is going to keep much of this windfall for CEO McAdam's record setting bonus for this year.  Mr. McAdams receives 90% of his pay based on performance, so if the rubes think he is going to jeopardize that payday by making us Note 7 holders even close to whole,  I have news:  ain't gonna happen

MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here's a good question... everything says that when you switch to another Samsung device you get $100 less any incentive credit you have already received. And if you don't go to a Samsung, you only get a $25 bill credit, less any incentive credit received.

What are they calling the incentive credit? Is that the $25 we were supposed to get in September for exchanging the first round of Note7 phones? If so, they aren't giving us anything for taking the second Note7 back? That's a little jacked up to make it sound like they are offering $25 for this headache and then we find out there was only $25 for all the headaches caused by this. How do we get something in writing that says for sure what Samsung is giving us before we turn over our phones?

tk3765
Contributor - Level 3

There are two credits.  The first $25.00 for round 1 of the recall.  Given the timing everyone who had the first Note 7 should have received this credit by now.  In round 2, the $100 credit was originally supposed to be applied within 1-2 billing cycles if the user opted for another Samsung device, or $25 if the user opted for another type phone or declined an exchange all together. 

The newest word and experience looks like the second credit is applied on day one of the start of the third billing cycle.  Still not sure if this reflects the actual receipt of the Note by Verizon.  I know two people had return verification on the same day and two weeks later hit their third billing cycle at which time the credit was applied.  It may be that people who have not as yet returned the phone, but are on their third (or more) billing cycle, may not see the credit applied until after the phone is returned.  Just a guess until someone who hasn't returned their phone, but fall into the third billing cycle time frame, chime in Smiley Happy