When is the Note 4 going to get the most current security patch?
rforeman

When is the Note 4 going to get the most current security patch? I just checked mine and it shows the last update was June 1, 2016. That is way out of date.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When is the Note 4 going to get the most current security patch?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rforeman,

I am concerned about having the latest security update as well. Software updates are released by the manufacturer as they become available. The Galaxy Note 4 had an update which included a security patch as recently as 6/24/2016. Please check on the current software installed on your phone by going to settings >> about phone >> Baseband version.

You can use this link to review the most recently available update:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello rforeman,

I am concerned about having the latest security update as well. Software updates are released by the manufacturer as they become available. The Galaxy Note 4 had an update which included a security patch as recently as 6/24/2016. Please check on the current software installed on your phone by going to settings >> about phone >> Baseband version.

You can use this link to review the most recently available update:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/software-updates/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

3 months is hardly way out of date.

0 Likes
rforeman

3 months is way out of date when there have been a security patch released for android in July, August, and September. I am not asking about the next version of Android I asking about the 3 Latest security patches. these should not be 3 behind.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Maybe it's something wrong with your phone. Mines been updated with no problems.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rforeman

You certainly deserve the right levels of security on your device! Let's make sure everything is as it should be on your device. While updates are rolled out for different makes/models/carriers at different times, it is important you're up to date with the latest version available from Verizon.

Were you able to check the Baseband version on your phone? Does it match what's found here: http://vz.to/2cWTGEx

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes