Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

By truck and by boat?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
OFAMOUS1
Enthusiast - Level 1

My points:

When I went to a Verizon store on the way home from work a week ago, they dissuaded me from doing anything other than keeping my phone. The sales rep stated that this only happened to 35 phones and told me not to "worry about it". I wish I recorded it so I could have held Verizon liable if something does happen. My phone does get warm while charging by the way.

Verizon shouldn't have a cut-off date to exchange this phone.

Finally, Verizon's website is a click-puzzle. I couldn't find this forum using Verizon's website. I needed to use Google to search for it. I am really getting tired of the Tablet focused website designs.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

You need to have both devices to cable together, which is the most efficient & convenient way to migrate.  You may not find out which apps transfer fully until after you've tried installing to the new device.  Some apps may require data to be exported from the app on the old device & imported into the app on the new device.  If you no longer have the old device because Verizon forced you to turn it in, then you may be screwed, because many configurations could take hours or even days to recreate lost data items or formats from scratch. 

I would also be willing to apply the $25 credit to shipping, but I also view this as Verizon stealing it from my pocket instead of getting it from Samsung.  They should pursue shipping reimbursement from Samsung if necessary.  I preordered by phone directly from Verizon, who shipped it to me.  They should ship the replacement & allow 14 days to return the bad copy to a store.  It's the only reasonable way to handle this in my opinion, and anything less is poor service.

DO THE RIGHT THING VERIZON!

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
Tidbits
Legend

_BrianZ wrote:

You need to have both devices to cable together, which is the most efficient & convenient way to migrate. You may not find out which apps transfer fully until after you've tried installing to the new device. Some apps may require data to be exported from the app on the old device & imported into the app on the new device. If you no longer have the old device because Verizon forced you to turn it in, then you may be screwed, because many configurations could take hours or even days to recreate lost data items or formats from scratch.

I would also be willing to apply the $25 credit to shipping, but I also view this as Verizon stealing it from my pocket instead of getting it from Samsung. They should pursue shipping reimbursement from Samsung if necessary. I preordered by phone directly from Verizon, who shipped it to me. They should ship the replacement & allow 14 days to return the bad copy to a store. It's the only reasonable way to handle this in my opinion, and anything less is poor service.

DO THE RIGHT THING VERIZON!

It doesn't migrate everything and most of the stuff that it can migrate if you have Google services setup becomes a moot point.  Also anything DRM protected it will not transfer over and that includes the user data.

As for the fact importing and exporting.  You can export said data onto a microsd card or even your computer. 

Sorry to say pretty weak arguments...  I know how Smart Switch works as I have used it multiple times per year due to work. 

_BrianZ
Contributor - Level 1

Tidbits, you appear to have missed my point, so it's no wonder you don't grasp my argument.  And regardless of the strength of my argument, I am also entitled to my opinion, and after having used Smart Switch to migrate from Note3 to Note7, I agree with Samsung that it is the most convenient and efficient method.

However, my point is that, like you acknowledged, it will not migrate everything, and many who are required to exchange their phones may believe that it does or may think it creates a full copy on their PC, only to find out after the fact that they are missing data.  But the problem is that because they were required to exchange their phone, they will no longer have their old installation to fall back on for exporting data for transfer to the new device for import.  I am still discovering apps missing data on my Note7, but I'm able to startup my old phone which I still have, to export what I need or to see how it was configured. 

It is difficult to anticipate everything that needs to be done in advance, and it can take weeks.  Instead, Verizon expects us to do it all during the course of a meeting at the store, and you only get one chance.  Something, or a lot of things, are bound to be lost without the benefit of hindsight, which you would have if you can keep your old phone for a couple weeks to ensure you don't miss something that still needs to be manually transferred.

Sorry, but if your argument is for an exchange without the benefit of having both phones in your possession for some extended period of time, I believe that is unnecessarily burdensome and  creates additional risk of loss of data that is unacceptable to me (and many others I would expect).

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

_BrianZ wrote:

Tidbits, you appear to have missed my point, so it's no wonder you don't grasp my argument. And regardless of the strength of my argument, I am also entitled to my opinion, and after having used Smart Switch to migrate from Note3 to Note7, I agree with Samsung that it is the most convenient and efficient method.

However, my point is that, like you acknowledged, it will not migrate everything, and many who are required to exchange their phones may believe that it does or may think it creates a full copy on their PC, only to find out after the fact that they are missing data. But the problem is that because they were required to exchange their phone, they will no longer have their old installation to fall back on for exporting data for transfer to the new device for import. I am still discovering apps missing data on my Note7, but I'm able to startup my old phone which I still have, to export what I need or to see how it was configured.

It is difficult to anticipate everything that needs to be done in advance, and it can take weeks. Instead, Verizon expects us to do it all during the course of a meeting at the store, and you only get one chance. Something, or a lot of things, are bound to be lost without the benefit of hindsight, which you would have if you can keep your old phone for a couple weeks to ensure you don't miss something that still needs to be manually transferred.

Sorry, but if your argument is for an exchange without the benefit of having both phones in your possession for some extended period of time, I believe that is unnecessarily burdensome and creates additional risk of loss of data that is unacceptable to me (and many others I would expect).

How can they have their old installation when as you said not everything transfers over?  They can export that data if they wanted to without having both devices.  Anyone can do a backup BEFORE returning their devices.  I see no benefit and you already admitted not every transfer over and there is no way to do so.  At that point there is no point holding both phones for weeks.

0 Likes
ebonyr_vzw
Verizon Employee

OFAMOUS1, the urgency of this issue is of great concern. I regret to learn that you were advised to retain that Note7 until the revised Note7 new stock was made available. I'd definitely like to lift this issue up further. Can you please advise of the store location you visited from this listing: Verizon Stores Near Me | Verizon Wireless. ​Also, do you remember the name of the representative(s) that advised you of this?

EbonyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Besides if it were that important the Customer would have realized it in hours and it not take several weeks.

Sprottn
Enthusiast - Level 2

I doubt that is their rational thought as several others have posted that they were able to do their exchange exactly that way. It all depends on who you get on the phone, just as it depends on who you get in the store

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Was just refused an exchange on the phone because, "I was outside the 14 day worry-free period."  I have now spent more than 3 hours between the stores and phone trying to follow-up on this recall to no avail.  Clearly Verizon doesn't think there's any problem here, maybe they know my phone is ok.  I'm going to rely on that.  If they really think there's a problem, they have my account, they can send me a new phone and I'll send this one back, otherwise I guess it was a false alarm.