When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm not asking for any gear, or a rebate, or any swag.  I expect that the Note 7 I purchased online will be replaced online.  The fanboys need to stop acting like Verizon has no responsibility here.  Not only do they have the responsibility of a retailer who sold a recalled good, but they have the responsibility as a carrier who chose Samsung as a supplier.  If I had to go into a Verizon store to purchase my Note 7 I would have simply switched to Apple or another carrier.  I bought it online, I expect them to replace it online.  Reasonable as can be.

After all these years, I wouldn't go into a VZ store without arming myself.  You can't go in without witnessing employees lying, conning and bullying customers.  Last time I did go in I had to step in to stop a staffer from bullying a older woman into buying a much more expensive plan than she repeatedly said she could afford when she kept saying all she needed it for was emergencies,"if you go over your limit we could charge you as much as a THOUSAND DOLLARS and COLLECTIONS will start IMMEDIATELY if you don't pay", "I won't let you buy a bad plan."  Suffice to say, I won't be going in to your retail store.  You sold it online, replace it online if you have any hope of meeting the standard of care. 

0 Likes
Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

Not bad in terms of stating your case but how to respect the spirit of the exchange and return the malfunctioning Note7?

An acceptable solution would give Verizon reason to rethink and provide alternatives.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7? That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JSM71, I understand wanting to get the replacement as quickly and as easy as possible. If your phone was purchased within the last 14 days, you’ll be able to process an exchange through customer service. If it is past 14 days, you’ll need to visit a Verizon direct retail location. Keep in mind, the 14 days is dependent on the day you want to exchange it. This means that if you received your phone prior to 9/8/2016, you’ll be outside of that window since availability on replace Note 7’s will not be until 9/21/2016 which would make 9/8/2016 the cut off date.

MarkP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JSM71
Enthusiast - Level 3

Wow.  Why in god"s name is there a cut-off that leaves all the pre-order folks out in the cold?  If you can make an online exchange for some customers you can do it for all of them - it's not like the phone was on sale for more than a month. 

Huh, thinking about it, you're just applying your std 14 day return policy to the recall - in other words, you're not taking a single step to assist your customers after you sold them a defective product.  You clearly have the ability to conduct online exchanges for those customers, so why dont you go ahead and do that before someone relies on your complete laxity and unconcern about your online customers as a sign that there's really nothing wrong with the note 7 (after all, who trusts the government anymore and they're not in communication with samsung.) 

Reepks
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with the OP regarding the replacement phone.  If it was purchased online and shipped to you, your replacement should be delivered in the same manner.  I understand that Verizon would incur extra shipping charges in this exchange.  Samsung should take responsibility for those additional fees.  I would even be willing to pay the extra shipping charges for the convenience of not having to visit a Verizon store.  (Although, I honestly do not feel I should have to)

What really makes no sense to me is Verizon's insistance on imposing their 15 day return policy on a device that has been recalled.  This is a safety recall, not an exchange.  The recall creates a major inconvenience for customers and Verizon seems to act like WE are over reacting and requesting to exchange the phones.  This is just simply not the case.  Samsung's & Verizon's paying customers family's and homes are being put at risk, we're losing money (purchased screen protectors apps etc that are not replaceable once the phone is turned in) and losing a lot of valuable time trying to keep up with the latest information on the recall.  Why is Verizon treating us like we are responsible for causing an inconvenience for them?  Has Verizon forgotten who's money and orders ensures the future of their business?  Have they forgotten the reasons they are in business to begin with? Verizon and Samsung BOTH have and obligation to Note 7 owners.  Making this recall even more inconvenient for customers who paid a considerable amount to pre-order one of the most high end and data consuming devices does not seem like a very wise business decision on Verizon's part.

RACBRO3
Enthusiast - Level 3

Totally agree!

Verizon...take my $25 "inconvenience" fee and make this not an inconvenience and just ship me my new phone! Use that to pay for shipping if helping your customers is that big of a deal!

Tidbits
Legend

You guys are aware with a fire hazard recall it's illegal to ship the original Note 7s  everything has to be done in store... Can we think rationally for a minute here?

GMANFORE
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey Tidbits,

Rational would be shipping their pre-order customers a replacement device, then requiring the defective device to be returned within 7 or 14 days or whatever to a retail store.  It's way easier setting up a replacement device if you have your previous device, even with Samsung SmartSwitch (homepages, folders, etc.).  That would be customer service.

Re: When are you shipping me my replacement Note 7?  That's where I purchased it, That's where I expect a replacement.
Tidbits
Legend

Actually it isn't...  If you can't see it then that's that. 

If you have your previous device?  You can back up that stuff on your own prior to turning the device in and switching. You can even use Smart Switch prior to getting the note... Unless you have some other device not a Samsung.  Also not everything will transfer over. 

rgang50
Contributor - Level 1

The problem with shipping the new replacement unit without receiving the defective unit is that people get busy with their day to day lives and neglect to complete their end of the deal. They are always honest, that is given.

What might work is one pays for the second unit as a deposit, receives the second unit, does what needs doing and when the vendor receives the defective unit they post the refund. This is done in number of places including Amazon. Worth asking Verizon. The hitch being the replacement order maybe treated a new purchase and put on back-order. Bummer.

0 Likes