What is going on with the recall?
indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyone who's posted on this recall is well aware of how wildly different the answers are that we are given to our inquiries - no two people seem to get the same information from Verizon.  And yet, they wonder why we keep coming up with more questions?!?  This "recall" has been terribly executed, and has left many people in the dark and still holding onto the very devices they seek to replace.

I've gone in twice to my local corporate Verizon store to get a loaner phone, and have been denied both times.  Actually, both times I've been advised to KEEP my Note 7 because the "danger has been blown out of proportion".  Why in the world would Verizon's own employees say that?

Either publicly or privately, I would like to hear from Verizon, addressing my issues and concerns about uniformed staff & misrepresented policies.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What is going on with the recall?
RandomKoreanGuy
Enthusiast - Level 3

The recall is official. Here's a link to the government site: http://www.cpsc.gov/en/Recalls/2016/Samsung-Recalls-Galaxy-Note7-Smartphones/

Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov

The date that has been verified by Samsung and multiple carriers, including VZW, is the 21st. This is the day that they will supposedly have enough supplies of the fixed Note 7 to replace every single one en masse without any delays or hiccups. I have a text message from Verizon verifying this and urging me to exchange my phone (and please turn it off because safety and don't explode yourself etc). at roughly this time. If it happens earlier (or on time or even late) I suspect the media will explode with coverage announcing it.

So barring any complications, it seems like Wednesday will be D-Day and we'll all finally be able to put this to rest.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
JDHart4886
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed! I was advised by a store manager that it is such a slim risk that it would be smarter to keep my note 7 instead of worrying about the hassle of exchanging twice. I don't know if its Verizon that cant get their story straight or if Samsung is making this process 10 times more difficult than it needs to be.

indianafanatic68
Enthusiast - Level 3

I called Verizon customer service yesterday and they had an exchange S7 Edge on the way to me in less than 30 minutes.  When I get that phone via FedEx tomorrow, I just need to send my Note 7 back to them within 5 days.  Once the new Note 7s are out, I just have to reverse that process.  Don't waster your time in the stores, call call Verizon and they will take care of you.

I had to pay tax on the S7 Edge, but they credited my bill for the tax I had already paid on the Note 7.  There will be no restocking fees involved at all; this is part of the recall plan they actually have in place.  The store employees are acting against instruction, so save yourself gas money, anxiety and time by just giving Verizon a call.  If they tell you to go to a store to do this, tell them that your store refused.  No problem.

Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Funny. I called Verizon support and they told me to go to a store and my local stores are not participating in giving out loaners nor the $25 bill credit that Samsung says we get for the inconvenience.

0 Likes
kenquig
Enthusiast - Level 2

different than my experience with them.  They said go to my local store.

0 Likes
RICWOL93
Enthusiast - Level 2

See the quote and full article from Business Insider below.  I chatted with A Samsung rep to see if i could get the same info out of them, but no shocker, that info hasn't trickled down to them yet.

"In a statement to Business Insider, Samsung said replacement Note 7 phones will be in retail locations by September 21."

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7-recall-2016-9

0 Likes
RICWOL93
Enthusiast - Level 2

T Mobile has also made a statement verifying the Sept 21st date.  This is looking promising.

https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-and-blogs/samsung-note7-update.htm

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's also posted on Samsung's site (updated today):

Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

• Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016
Gabbo
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's incredible how much better T-Mobile's communication is regarding this recall. Verizon just links us to the Samsung page that their stores act like doesn't exist.

0 Likes
TLEON996
Enthusiast - Level 3

Saw that too, hoping an official word will come from Verizon soon.

0 Likes