What is being done to fix the problems caused by the 4.3 update?
Kookadee

For the last week and a half I have had nothing with problems with my Note 2!  Since the update my device drains battery and data at extraordinary rates.  I have read the other "answers" verizon has given others with the same issues.  I have not changed my usage or habits, the only thing that changed was this stinking turd of an update.  I have gone through almost all of my data in a matter of days, I usually never get even close to my data limit every month!!!  My battery drains almost completely by the time I get home from work where before I would be able to use my phone all day without charging and still have battery life left when I went to bed at night.  I have not changed chargers, I have not changed wifi routers, I have not changed anything!  This is absolutely ridiculous!  What is being done to fix the issues caused by this update?  You have taken a product that was wonderful and made it awful!  I do not have the technological savvy to overhaul my entire phone to fix the problem and it should not be necessary.  Every move I do try to make to conserve battery life and data usage, I get "warnings" alluding to the fact that if I change, disable or uninstall something I may do some type of unspecified damage to my phone!  I already pay darn near $200 month to you guys and now I'm going to have to add more just to keep up with the data hog this update has created!! 

0 Likes
Re: What is being done to fix the problems caused by the 4.3 update?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear of the difficulties you are experiencing after your update Kookadee. An OS update should improve performance, not decrease it. We are happy to help troubleshoot your device. How many hours total are you getting out of a full charge? Have you tried a battery pull since the update? Power cycle it daily? How about charging to full capacity with the device powered off? Did you retain all your apps during the update?

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kookadee

I am getting about 7 - 8 hours charge from a full battery.  Before the update I would go 16 - 18 hours and still be in the green.  I have pulled the battery, no change.  I have powered to full capacity with the device off, no change.  I do not know what power cycling is.  I have all my apps from before the update and a bunch of new ones that came with the download.  I am also still having problems with bloated data usage.  It has come to the point where I have to turn off the mobile data option when I come home and low and behold I get uninterrupted coverage from my "unstable wifi connection".  I should not have to turn the mobile data on and off every time I leave my home to keep my phone from sucking mobile data when I have a wifi connection available.

Sincerely,

Carrie

>>Personal information removed to comply with the <<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional details Kookadee. Power cycling is powering the device off and on at least once a day. Have you tested the device in more than one wifi location? It sounds like you may be experiencing app conflict with the new OS. I recommend testing the device in safe mode for a full day to see if the performance improves. http://vz.to/Js8c8G

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
kbachler
Enthusiast - Level 3

There are many complaints about the 4.3 update.  There are now news articles which document that the update was a fiasco, and that Verizon doesn't expect a fix until March at the earliest.  I wish support would stop playing dumb about this, when with this many complaints its obvious that Verizon either knows about the issue or should know.  See for example http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/535780/20140124/galaxy-s4-s3-note-2-android-4.htm#.UuP9-_3nbIV   or http://phandroid.com/2013/12/20/verizon-galaxy-note-2-android-4-3/ or http://www.gottabemobile.com/2014/01/22/galaxy-s4-galaxy-s3-android-4-3-problems-pitchforks/.

Verizon needs to step up and get this fixed.  It's clear there's an issue and playing dumb about it is NOT good customer service.

Kookadee

Yes, I have power cycled the device.  I have tried the wifi at home and at work with the same result.  Once again, I do not know how to operate the phone in "safe mode".  Will that have an effect on any of the functions of the phone.  I use the phone extensively for work and need it to be working properly in order to do my job.

Sincerely,

Carrie

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Carrie, Thanks for letting us know you have tried to power cycle the device. Putting the phone in Safe mode will disable any apps you have downloaded temporarily to see if an app is the cause of the malfunction. You can simply turn safe mode off by restarting your device. You will not lose any information while in safe mode.

-PeterV_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes