Re: What happens to the annual upgrade option I have with the Note 7 if I select an S7 Edge as a replacement?
madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

Adrien .. as a representative of VZW please read the user question and understand what you are replying to and how your reference supports your comment.

Directly from the info link you posted, under "how do I participate" .. the printed document CLEARLY cites ..  purchase before 9/10/2016.  We are clearly beyond that date therefore not applicable.  Any device payment plan implimented after that date for the S7 family of devices carry a full retail 24 mos agreement.  Yes, you can exit the agreement after 30 days buy you'll owe Verizon $750 out of pocket.

Note 7 owners seeking the next logical, (albeit downgraded) replacement device should excercise caution if a store rep claims the S7 is "Annual Eligable" ... do your homework! 

Me? ... I am waiting for the printed return procedure from Samsung and Big Red with clear language regarding what I retain/loose as it relates to my Annual Upgrade status.  No need to be on that bleeding edge of the return program.  Remember CPSC has yet to issue a formal recall for the replaced devices (#2)?yet, nor has Verizon mandated the return/surrender of our devices.  As of 30seconds before this post,  My IMEI status from the Samsung site returns "your galaxy note is not an effected device"

Yes, we need to pressure Samsung, or better .. have our Carrier Verizon step up and represent its loyal Samsung Note followers, to have Samsung reinstate the Annual Eligable program for the S7 device line

Re: What happens to the annual upgrade option I have with the Note 7 if I select an S7 Edge as a replacement?
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is just absolutely ridiculous. After dealing with this mess, the time involved in the first recall, the lost money on now worthless accessories, VZW expects us to lose our upgrade status and be stuck paying for a device that we don’t want two years. They like to use the word “upgrade” in regards to a replacement device, however, no phone you have available now or in the new future is a true upgrade to the device we are being forced to part with. Every option is a DOWNGRADE. This isn’t something the majority of us wanted to through. We’re not just trying to take advantage of the situation and switch to another device. Most of us were very happy with the Note 7 and had no plans to move away from it anytime soon.

Some of the remedies offered by VZW are downright laughable and somewhat insulting. I have seen people being offered to “upgrade” to the Note 5 for $696. Yeah, I want to be stuck paying that for two years on an already over one-year-old phone. Then there is the “borrow a phone from a friend” that I was offered. Seriously? This is how a multi-billion dollar company handles an issue with a customer they’ve had for 14 years?

I get it. VZW is a business and wants to make money, but this isn’t the way to do it. It’s time to make an exception to policy for those of us affected by this mess and attempt to make things right. It’s called customer service and it really isn’t that hard.

MAXSMOM382
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon is responsible for the lose of the annual contract not Samsung. It is no coincidence that Verizon removed all Samsung devices from the annual upgrade the day of the original recall. They knew all loyal Samsung customers would not want an IPHONE and we would be forced into 2 yr upgrade and then shell out big bucks again when the new device is released. Shame on you Verizon!!! What we need to look into is a class action law suit against VERIZON.

DONHUB15
Enthusiast - Level 1

So madams144 you are keeping your 7note? And if so will you be able to receive up grades and support for that phone? I ordered the new one after the 1st recall and while i was waiting for it to be available on oct.11th the 2nd recall was ordered.the 7note was shipped early on the 9th and received it today oct.12. I had already decided to keep the 7note until i was forced to return it but concerned about the question I stated to you.thanks for any further info you have.,, Don

0 Likes
VNJSS16
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think Verizon or Samsung care about customer loyalty.  I'm angry I have to give up my Note 7.

madams144
Enthusiast - Level 3

[Removed] no,  I have grandkids that enjoy the games and videos on my large screen note which is the biggest risk, not to mention my personal property like the house or car.  I love the Note experience, highly disappointed that I will have to surrender my device and downgrade to a less capable mobile solution.  But that's life

My issue is I am not going to be on that bleeding edge of folks scrambling and stressing over returning.  Not going to put myself through all the hassles and inconsistent direction provided from store to store as I did for the first recall.  Rather I will wait until Samsung and Verizon get in locked step regarding this recall program, and publishes the process with clear details how to handle.

In addition, I am also waiting to hear how Samsung and Verizon is going to deal with the loss of my "Annual Eligable" benefit and choosing a iOS device is not the answer.

For me, I will jump at the first opportunity to get to a S7 Edge since it's the closest mobile solution that most closely matches my Samsung experience.  But with the S8 less than 6 months away, there is no way I am going to get locked into a 24 month finance agreement where I have to pay full retail to exit from.  Again, in time Samsung and Verizon should (and most likely will) negotiate "something" whether a voucher, an exception for impacted Note users, or reinstate the Annual Eligable program for the S7 family.

Until that time, I will excercise reasonable caution with my Note 7.  No grandkids playing with pawpaws phone, I will use only Samsung OEM chargers, I will choose a safe location to charge my Note which is not next to my bed on a wooden nightstand or under my pillow.  Again, simple common sense precautions until my replacement arrives.

Its a sad day for us Note 7 owners .. don't stress and be safe!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

stevenm_vzw
Verizon Employee

We don’t want to see you leave robbscut. Please know we are not the only ones affected by the Note 7 recall. Let’s find the right phone for you so you can stay in the Verizon family. Are there any phones you’re interested in getting?

0 Likes
ZUKZEKIM
Contributor - Level 1

If any current phone had the annual upgrade (other than iPhone), I think most of us would have already swapped out the note 7. Sadly, none of us want to get stuck with a downgrade at full price for 2 year