What does the exclamation point symbol on my message mean?
Mosby2
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a white exclamation point within a gray triangle next to one of my text messages ... but, only on one of them.  What does it mean and how do I remove it?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Meaning of a Symbol on Messaging
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The symbol means that a message you sent in the thread wasn't sent. Scroll through the thread and find any messages in the thread with the symbol, there could be more than one, and either resend it or delete it.

View solution in original post

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Does it say that it was sent? What type of phone do you have and which message app are you using?

You should be able to touch and hold on that message til a screen comes up with something like resend or delete or edit .

0 Likes
Mosby2
Enthusiast - Level 2

i have a samsung galaxy note 4 ... it does indicate that the message was sent.  It's appearing in Verizon's Message+.  If I touch and hold on that message it does nothing.  I actually deleted that series of messages; but, the symbol is still there.

0 Likes
bagogirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

I too have the triangle with the exclamation point in it next to 1 of my msg contacts, seems like it started last week after my S6 had a system update?!? I went through all the messages to that contact and they have all went through.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

The symbol means that a message you sent in the thread wasn't sent. Scroll through the thread and find any messages in the thread with the symbol, there could be more than one, and either resend it or delete it.

BrendaGray
Enthusiast - Level 1

I went through every message and all were sent. That may be the problem for some people, but not for me. This is so annoying. I don't understand why they don't take care of this dirt before they send them out to be sold. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we provide you with all the details that you need, BrendaGray. How long has this icon been appearing on your device? Are you using the Verizon Message app for text messages? What make and model device do you currently have? Please keep us posted. KevinR_VZW