Re: What are my options given that I am not thrilled about having to purchase a device that I honestly don’t want?
josephe_vzw
Verizon Employee

I share in your frustration surrounding the Note7 exchange, Gabbo. Any agreements have been canceled and charges for the Note7 device are being credited to your account. This includes the original upgrade fee paid when you purchased the Note7. We tried to streamline the process for all customers as there is no return or exchange to be processed. You will simply get credits for what has been paid, and you are just eligible for an upgrade once more.

In addition there is no need to return accessories purchased from Verizon specifically for the Note7. We will credit those to your account as well without a return, however if you did purchase any accessories from a third party you will have to return to those vendors for a return.

You can learn more here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall-faqs/

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: What are my options given that I am not thrilled about having to purchase a device that I honestly don’t want?
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

We are always here to help. I can certain understand how upsetting and inconvenient this whole situation has been for you and so many other customers.

When you originally purchased the S7 Edge it was done a device payment plan. So you are paying full retail for the phone. When you upgraded to the Note 7 you paid off of the device payment plan so you would be able to turn in the S7 Edge and upgrade to the Note 7. By doing this you were entering a new device payment plan for the Note 7.

Did you exchange the Note 7 for the S7 Edge and started a new device payment plan? Since you are receiving a brand new S7 Edge you would start the device payment plan over.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know why I had to pay off my S7 Edge to get the Note 7... that part just makes sense. But I'm not being able to keep my S7 Edge, so why should I be paying full price for a new S7 Edge? You took $400 from me, gave me a Note 7, which was great... but now that I don't have the Note 7 and have to go back to an S7, the S7 should be $400, not $800. That doesn't make sense to double charge me for a phone that I don't want and then triple charge me when a new phone comes out that I do want to purchase (Note8/S8).

Weth
Legend

The only fault in your logic is you had a used S7, and want a brand new S7. You can probably get a used S7 for a little more than $400. Call Verizon and see if they can get you in a used S7 to get you back to where you were.

MRJones33
Enthusiast - Level 3

My number one preference is to have the Note 7 that I upgraded to. I'm not asking for an S7, it's that they don't give me much choice. If I can't have a Note 7, then I'd prefer to have MY S7 Edge back that I paid $400 for. But that isn't an option either from what the store told me.

Does anyone know if they are offering anyone devices with payment plans and they can upgrade at anytime and without having to pay off 50% of the device? I have already paid off 50% of an S7 and nothing to show for it.

Weth
Legend

My number one preference is to have the Note 7 that I upgraded to - Not really possible or advisable. there will be no support, no updates. Verizon or Samsung could send updates that essentially disable the phone. Then there is the safety risk to you and others and the legal consequences that could bring.

If I can't have a Note 7, then I'd prefer to have MY S7 Edge back - Not possible. The phone is gone.

Does anyone know if they are offering anyone devices with payment plans and they can upgrade at anytime and without having to pay off 50% of the device? No, there is no option like this.

0 Likes
jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Really? Keeping the Note 7 as one's first preference is not an option now that they've been recalled? Man, thanks for clearing that up!

If you cannot see that people are being screwed by the horrendous way this is being handled, then I don't know what to tell you. That's why people are upset.

tc2013
Contributor - Level 1
  • Weth  (to MRJones33) 46 minutes ago
  • The only fault in your logic is you had a used S7, and want a brand new S7. You can probably get a used S7 for a little more than $400. Call Verizon and see if they can get you in a used S7 to get you back to where you were.

i do not agree here, Weth. AFAIK from MRJones33, this is our concern:  the old phone that we had carried/traded-in having our own ear-wax (yeww) on the phone, as well as our own saliva near the mic area.

Now you're asking us to accept a used phone with other ppl's ear wax and saliva?!  No way!! That's groose to my hygiene standard! LOL.

Simply, we've already being a victim in this case, we should not be further victimized! 

Dbeak
Contributor - Level 1

AT&T has a plan called Next Every year that allows you to upgrade after one year and as long as 50% of the phone is paid off! And EVERY PHONE IS ELIGIBLE!!!  The competition is there Verizon you better get on board!!!!

Scorpio2177
Enthusiast - Level 3

Do you happen to know of any other phones that use "S Pens"...per say? I cannot use a rubber tipped stylus.

0 Likes