Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear.
JZKAWA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear. I have a Note 5 with visual voicemail app, it worked until the most recent system update last week.

When I try to listen to a voicemail, I press play, put my phone up to my ear, the screen turns black like it should, message playing then after a couple of seconds the screen returns and the voicemail is paused. When I press play again the same thing happens.

Please resolve this very annoying problem.

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear.
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Found this answer in another thread that helped me:

I found something that fixed the issue for me. if you wipe the cache partition: https://cellphoneforums.net/samsung-galaxy/t432113-samsung-galaxy-s8-clear-app-cache-data%3B-wipe-ca...  (on an s8, you have to use the bixby button instead of the home button) then it should fix the issue. hope this helps anyone that still has this issue.

0 Likes
dave1997
Enthusiast - Level 2

This worked briefly.  But, within several minutes, the problem is occurring again.  I think Verizon needs to push a fix.

0 Likes
laughbooth

I too have this issue.  I am so frustrated with this.  I have a Galaxy S6 and recently received the Nougat Android update.  It does this regardless of my screen lock settings.  Clearing the app cache didn't help it.  If you cover the IR sensor with your finger (the part that "sees" when you place the phone to your ear) it does it as well.  This has to be a bug.

0 Likes
Chanfam
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello all,

Thought I would point you to another thread where the community dived deeper into the issue after my last post here and we found that the issue is, in fact, a bug in the Verizon Voicemail app.

Voicemail pauses when I put phone up to my ear

0 Likes
dlhoover

I MIGHT have fixed mine.  I deleted a recent app ( a sweeper app-can't remember which one) and it SEEMS to have fixed the problem.  This is after I have tried all other fixes short of doing a factory reset.  So this seems to  point to third party apps as the culprit.  I know this isn't a broad spectrum fix but it might steer someone in the right direction.

Dave

0 Likes