Voice to text
adaircda66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Galaxy Note 8 and Verizon. The voice-to-text used to be just wonderful, hardly ever missing a word, and when it did the suggestions were usually right on target. Now, it's suddenly capitalizing words in the middle of a sentence, if you hesitate just one second after a word it will automatically put a period in. If the words are really wrong the suggestions are so off base. It used to take a look at the entire sentence and figure out what the right word was. No more. Any thoughts as to what I might do? Thanks in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voice to text
adaircda66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. It started right after the last update, which I wish I could I do. The voice texting went something really great, being really awful. The random capitalization, completely wrong words, suggested words being completely out of whack, are so frustrating. I’d appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, adaircda66. The voice-to-text feature is great to have, and it makes texting a whole lot easier. We want to make sure you can use this feature to the best of its ability. When did this begin? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
adaircda66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for getting back to me. It started right after the last update, which I wish I could I do. The voice texting went something really great, being really awful. The random capitalization, completely wrong words, suggested words being completely out of whack, are so frustrating. I’d appreciate any help you could give me. Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are most welcome, adaircda66. We understand how bothersome it can be when a favorite feature is not working properly. Does it happen only when you are sending a text message? Or everywhere that you input text? Do you use the Samsung keyboard service or Google? VianeyP_VZW

0 Likes