Visual Voice Mail messgaes not showing up until days after the message has been received
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

After updating to Visual Voice Mail 3.0.4 I have noticed that my voice mail messages are not showing up until several hours or days later. I received a call and voice mail message from my local hospital. 24 hours after I did not respond the hospital started calling my wife and alternate contact numbers. When they told me they had left 3 messages for me and I had not called back I was surprised since my phone did not show any voice mail messages at all. About 24 hours later all three messages showed up. I thought it was just a fluke, but my wife has also complained about leaving messages. Yesterday she called and left a voice mail and after I did not respond she txt messaged me. I looked in my voice mail and no messages. It finally showed up last night 10 hours after my wife left the message. This morning I received a message stating my premium trial was over and all of my voice mail messages were deleted.

Has anyone else noticed this? I like the feature of Verizon's Visual Voice mail, but there is no way I am upgrading to premium if it is not going to work. Plus this is a real problem. I had a Verizon representative look at my phone and they insist there is nothing wrong. So, I am really hoping someone else has seen this issue at least and better yet has a solution.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail messgaes not showing up until days after the message has been received
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you have the cellular data connection turned off during the time you weren't receiving the notifications for a new voicemail? Was the notifications turned on in your voicemail settings?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Visual Voice Mail messgaes not showing up until days after the message has been received
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, I did not have the cellular data connection turned off during the time I was not receiving the notifications and yes, the notifications were turn on in my voicemail settings.  The issue did not occur until after the 3.04 update was installed.

Last month I started having issues with the touch screen on my Galaxy Note 3. Verizon Technical Support sent me a replacement Galaxy Note 3 last week which I received today and I did some testing on the new phone and here is what I found. With the 3.01 version of Verizon's Visual Voice Mail I receive notifications right away when I receive a voice message. When I say right away it's within 5 minutes. After the app updates to 3.04, no notifications until about 3 hours after the voice mail is left or I restart the phone.

Unfortunately I can not  ascertain at this time whether or not the issue is solely the application or if it is my phone as well. I say this because my original Galaxy Note 3 was having issues where the operating system would unexpectedly crash during calls with an "android.stop.error" message. Then the touch screen became over sensitive and the screen was activating even when I was not touching the screen and also when I was holding the screen up to my ear the screen would activate. Now I have read that this is an issue with the touch screen on some Galaxy Note 3's. Well, my replacement phone fixed that and it fixed the "android.stop.error" messages, but now the new phone is crashing anytime I go in to Contacts. I have completed a factory reset several times and I can repo the issue even when I have not restored any applications to my phone.

With all the issues I can not determine is the issue is solely an application issue or if it is an issue with the phone it's self.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have at any time you've notice the issue have your power cycled the phone sometimes a reboot on our phones like our computers are whats needed to get them to function as they once did you might try the power cycle see if your issue goes away..

0 Likes
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

No, so far I have not seen any power cycles caused by the app it's self, but when I power cycle the phone I have seen voice messages suddenly show up.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Well it may be a possibility you have filled up your Mail Box you might access it,  have a Look and if need be.. clear the Cache or it may just be something is a Ajar in the settings and it's causing it to slowly roll out the messages.. I'd say look at that and you may have to have a Tech Rep help assist ya if it's something in the system...

0 Likes
Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks, but I have tried these as well. I talked to Verizon support and went through a hard reset and deleted everything. The issue only occurs after I upgrade Visual Voice Mail to 3.0.4. Verizon is looking in to this and they say they have received some other complaints that are similar. I have tried clearing the cache countless times as well. Over all I see this as a major issue, because when you are going through and deleting everything over and over, removing and reinstalling the app and clearing the cache, basically doing everything multiple times trying to figure out the problem it gets annoying. Right now, I haven't even been able to reinstall my contacts or anything else since tech support wanted to make sure the issue was not related to another app or something with my data. So my phone basically has nothing on it right now except the default apps and data. Tech Support has also suggested the issue might be with my mailbox or my account and they are looking in to that as well. Hopefully we will get somewhere soon.

Kable717
Enthusiast - Level 3

Okay, I think I may have found it. After changing the Voice Mail Application settings to save the voice mails to my SD card instead of the phone's internal memory, it appears that I am getting a notification within a few minutes of the voice mail being left. I want to do some more testing just to make sure. I am beginning to wonder if this has been a phone issue all along and maybe I just received a bad replacement phone. ( Setting- Save voice mail to - SD Card)

0 Likes
budone
Legend

It is a kit kat issue. I was sent a message two days ago. At 4 am this

morning, it showed up

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I was kind of wondering if it may be related.. I'm still using the J.B. OS on my Droid Maxx with minimal issues on my htc Kit Kat is running fairly smooth.. b

0 Likes