Video streaming issue after Kitkat upgrade
Trigidy

After updating all my media streaming (Hulu, Netflix, HBO Go, Xfinity, YouTube) in HD or higher quality is choppy/jittery either OTA or WiFi. If I change it to lower quality all video plays without issue. I've done a complete device reset three times without any change in performance.

Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix?

0 Likes
Re: Video streaming issue after Kitkat upgrade
palindrome1H

I have the same exact issue with my Galaxy Note 2. Mine is just on Hulu Plus however. If I go to medium quality, it is fine. Before the Kit Kat update, everything ran perfect. Not sure if this issue lies with Hulu or Android. From the sound of it, it's an Android problem since you are having the issue across multiple applications. Hope they can figure this out because it isn't good!

0 Likes
Modnar
Enthusiast - Level 3

When you say you did a complete device reset, are you talking a Hard Reset, a Factory Reset, or a restart.  My device was flaky until I hard reset it (My thread).  It now seems to be working fine

0 Likes
Trigidy

hard and factory

0 Likes
Modnar
Enthusiast - Level 3

My next suggestion would be to add an app like My Data Manager to determine if there is a drain on your streaming or if you are working from video on your device an app that tracks processing power.  You should also check your rendering options.  Not sure all the options for playing with it but developer options is one choice.

0 Likes