Verizon's negligence with Marshmallow & Security Updates
ffschebesta
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Verizon,

How is it you justify "testing" something before rolling it out to your customers?  One can understand a month of testing perhaps, especially as your multiple advertisements and statements of having "Specialized teams", but just how long has Marshmallow been out?  That's right, October of 2015!  So you have had it for over 6 months, and you still have not finished.  I will go ahead and make a guess, but your "team" hasn't finished filling it full of bloat ware and the red sea to be able to finish it.  Most IT departments make fresh deploy-able images of workstations in under a week.  This includes custom load graphics, settings, hardware drivers, background services, GUI customization's, security settings, etc.  To not have this complete by now is inexcusable.

Let's look at another topic, security updates.  The latest version on my Galaxy Note 4 is 2015-12-01.  Five months later, and there are no security updates? C'mon now!  These are almost weekly events.  I believe both Samsung and Android create these.  So are you having to smoke test those as well?

At this point, I am running an older OS, and the security of my device is highly at risk for malware, viruses, etc.  So with that, you are going to be liable for anyone getting into my phone, taking any of my data and information, and will pay for all damages to include credit fraud circumstances.

By the way, when someone responds, let's not have the typical canned response.  Be a human being that can actually process this information.  [Removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service].

From a fed up customer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon's negligence with Marshmallow & Security Updates
bearone21
Legend

i'm sure they did test it.

my 601 update couldn't have been better & i was one of the 1st to update my note5 on mar, 4th.

you're dreamin',verizon isn't liable for what you put on your phone.

how is it that your note4 is so susceptible to malware, i've never had malware issues dating back to my 1st android in 2010.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Horse pucky.

the only devices that got marshmallow last fall were nexus devices.

MArshmallow was not released to carriers for ANY devices until Mid March.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

re-read my previous post, which hasn't been edited, MARCH 4th for 601 update.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Which is why my response was to the OP, not you.   note the top of each box has the words "Reply to ........." And an arrow.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

my apologies

0 Likes