Re: Verizon note 10 plus 5g is a scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Bbrowning911, to learn you're having trouble accessing 5G UW is unsettling. It's never our goal for you to feel this way after working with us, and we wouldn't want to lose you as a customer. I've sent you a Private Message to look further into your account and device concerns.

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbrowning911, I can understand you need to get what you pay for. I see that we were working in a Private Note to make sure we can get another pair of eyes to review your account. I want to make sure you can take full advantage of your device and plan. Please meet us back in Private Note and authenticate your account. Akane_VZW

Ldogg310
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have the note 10+ 5G and am feeling scammed.  Totally unacceptable on Verizon's part. I spent several days and even had a 5g Sim card sent to me and still can't access 5g. 

TMH_26
Enthusiast - Level 2

Did they reply to you? Thanks for your time!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ldogg310, we always want to help check on this with you to make sure that you are getting the value you deserve! Let's work on your 5G service together. Please send us a Private Note! JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guys, I have been on PM all day with Verizon and they clearly do not understand.  They must have some memo saying the Note 10+ works with 5G, but I can tell you that mine certainly does not.  They have also refused to escalate my complaint for me.  I have asked them one more time to do so.

I travel frequently and it has never worked in any big or small city since the day I got it in Sept 2019.  Even a warranty swapped device last month did not make a bit of difference.

I feel our only recourse is to follow up with filing a BBB complaint here:  https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

I just filed my complaint with the BBB and am hoping for some sort of resolution.  Please do the same or we will get nowhere.  Sorry Verizon, I love ya, but this is unacceptable.

MWJamesLDS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have not been getting any type of 5G connection.  Despite Anaheim having 5G UW. I don't connect to either 5G networks while in Anaheim.  I sense a class action lawsuit coming on...

daramseyaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

No , the network continually being updated is farce response. The fact is note 10+ 5g purchasers bought it expecting the device to work on verizon's network with 5g. Only to be told no our system is different and it won't work.  

Its akin to selling someone an electrical item with a UK electrical plug , but not telling them it doesnt work in the US , due to incompatibility. And then making them pay up to fix the omission.

Note 10+5g owners like myself, think this should be addressed. Especially a 20+ year customer of Verizon. 

Bobsacto
Enthusiast - Level 3

The question is when did Verizon start planning 5G DSS. The Note 20 series came out, I believe, the latter part of August. This Verizon version of the phone was built to allow access to low band 5G. To manufacture a phone with this capability a decision had to be made months before. This means the Verizon Note 10 5G was sold for several months when Verizon corporate knew that what was advertised and sold as 5G ready was in fact not going to be usable for the type nationwide 5G service that people might actually be able to access. And the UWB 5G deployment would not occur at a rate that a Note10 5G customer would be able to use it. 

Why should the remedy be? I guess the ideal would be a swap with the comparable Note 20 version and if you're on a payment plan continue your payments as agreed. At least refund the difference you paid to get a 5G since you had the reasonable expectation that 5G capability meant being able to use it on however Verizon deployed the 5G.

emtownsend
Enthusiast - Level 2

Perhaps it should have been purposefully marketed as a "5G low band device", not just "5G".  Saying a device gets "5G" indicates it gets "5G"... not "some 5G".  Add to it the sales pitch of getting this one over the non-5G because this ensures future network compatibility, is the latent slap in our faces.

I believe Verizon could quietly exchange devices for those of us who have issue with this and save themselves a potential larger class-action event.  This helps them and it makes us feel that they appreciate our business too (which once again, helps them).  It makes no sense to me why this is so difficult.