Verizon Wireless Customer Service Reps
DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Since nobody seems to have any information regarding the Note 3 KitKat 4.4 update, could someone please speak with the technical acceptance / quality assurance team or who ever oversees the acceptance of firmware updates, to just get an idea of the current status of where it is in testing? Near technical acceptance? Far off from technical acceptance? Maybe what the hold up is? Waiting on a new build from Samsung? What's so special about our Verizon Note 3's that the other models on all other carriers don't have, as they have pushed it out months ago and the Note 2 is currently receiving KitKat. Most other popular phones and flagships on Verizon have KitKat as well.

Re: Verizon Wireless Customer Service Reps
cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

I spoke with Tech support once again today. They stated 2nd quarter update. Ok, considering we are almost halfway through 2nd quarter, let's try again. So I'm guessing end of May. I have seen articles saying a May 2nd release though.

JesGomez7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with technical support today, and somehow seemed to have gotten some information.  However, I don't really know how reliable that is.  From what I heard the updates are rolling now in phases.  We should probably expect the update this week or the end of May at the latest.  They say that they are rolling out the updates per region in order to prevent everyone from downloading the update at the same time.  He told me to manually check on the updates periodically.  If there is no update by the end of May, I'm done with Verizon, ending the shortest relationship with a carrier I've ever had.

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon, come on. Sprint is getting ready to push out the KitKat 4.4.2 update to its Samsung Galaxy S3!! Build L710VPUDND8. Good lord please don't say that you can't get it out before Sprint releases it for their 2 year old S3. But, I guess it probably won't happen as that should be pushing pretty soon. How is it that Sprint managed to get KitKat to their CDMA Note 3 and S4 back in February (they've received 2nd updates after KitKat as well, tested, certified and pushed out) and you still haven't gotten it out for the Note 3? This is absurd.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DC5_K20Z1 we want you to enjoy the latest and greatest ASAP! I wish that I could fast forward time, but there isn't any news of a release date yet. You can stay on top of the latest info at http://bit.ly/dDumph . Are you having any trouble with your Note 3?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
JesGomez7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't know about his issues, but for me I'm unable to access my bluetooth devices due to a bug in version 4.3.  This is supposedly fixed in version 4.4.  If this update does not arrive by the end of May, Verizon will lose me as customer and I will go back to T-Mobile no matter how much I dislike them.

DC5_K20Z1
Contributor - Level 3

Ashley, I appreciate the response, its not quite the response I was hoping for, as it would be great to just have a status update like what the hold up is or approximately where it is in testing. I don't have any major issues with my note 3. What I want KitKat for is it provides me the ability to download apps like googles new camera app that requires 4.4 and above as well as apps like the Google now launcher and acdisplay. They all require KitKat and I'd like to be able to use use them. Considering that KitKat is now 6 months old, I'd really like to have those updated drivers, api's, better ram management and more smoothness. Hopefully one of these these days......

0 Likes
Ricky_Vaughn2
Enthusiast - Level 3

It is not always about if something is wrong or not, its about a company not letting us update the device that we own, even though the MANUFACTURER of the phone and the DEVELOPER of the OS has said it is good to go.  Verizon is not the maker nor the developer, so what, exactly, are you guys doing?????  If you are going to regulate the way we use our devices, then you need to reconsider the $700 price tag.  I feel like this is more of a lease than ownership.

Apparently, we do not own it, so, I would like to know what I spent $1400 on?? (I have 2).

phxkrausehouse
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can rest assured once my rent is paid tomorrow. If this update is not on my phone.adios Verizon. Our 8 year relationship will be terminated. Sprint pushing S3 4.4 today. Verizon note 3 stuck on 4.3. I'm done

cgage823
Contributor - Level 1

Give an update... Hopefully everyone will be satisfied today!

0 Likes