Verizon Note 7 worst software of all?
denbush
Enthusiast - Level 2

How do you feel about Verizon shipping the Note 7 with older versions of software?  Verizon's Samsung Galaxy Note 7 seems to be the worst version that you can get (software-wise)

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Note 7 worst software of all?
untaimed18

I'm [removed]. I just noticed this myself, and one of the reasons I upgraded early and paid over $200 was to get this phone and the updated TouchWiz layout in the settings menu and through out the phone. Why Verizon must you screw up something good??? The other carriers didn't touch the layout but you did for whatever reason. Also, as I was setting up my phone, apps started auto installing like Slots, and Hunting games...REALLY!?!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
MVL

Not to pleased with Verizon after hearing about this.  I don't know why they feel the need to push their bloat over Samsung's features, but its frustrating to say the least. And I don't understand why Samsung lets them do it.

I was able to restore some of the features with the QuickShortcutMaker app, but several features have been completely removed.

Verizon: restore these settings, and give us the new version of the TouchWiz settings

0 Likes
gtr4life

I am upset about this I am  considering take it back to store get T-Mobile

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

I am not sure what your referring to.  Touchwiz launcher  on my Note 7 is significantly different from my Note 4.

There are things o don't like however.   I miss "Private Mode".  Secure Folders is not the same thing.

The other thing bothering me is being unable to disable multi view.

0 Likes
wraith2k
Enthusiast - Level 2

Look at reviews on the Note 7 from the other carriers. The settings menu is different, they have Samsung Cloud, Samsung Pay (preinstalled), device management, auto restart. Everything Samsung advertised about the device Verizon destroyed it. Where are those features? Why does the Verizon version had to be completely different?

My sister got the AT&T version and it's the same as T-Mobile. Pretty sure Sprint is also the same.

0 Likes
HIEN34
Enthusiast - Level 2

Can probably agree with that article and this one:

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/08/22/verizons-galaxy-note-7-another-example-carriers-interfering-no-...

I like the network and reliability, but coming from a Nexus 6P this experience is so "dirty" I feel like I need a shower!

Verizon + Samsung need to do better - I'm looking for alternatives since my return window is next Friday.

0 Likes
Jason_Nipp
Contributor - Level 3

Again, not sure what your referring to.   I have Samsung pay and Samsung cloud threat Auto installed on the first update of the Samsung apps app.  By disabling DT Ignite, I was able to avoid the remaining Verizon forced bloatware.   The closest this to pure android a non -Nexus can give... which is exactly what us multi generation Note users have been demanding for years.

Is this ui perfect... heck no.... is it an improvement yes.

Can it be better... time will tell... That's the price of being an early adopter.

0 Likes
parksaeh12
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not as mad about the settings UI (although I did spend quite a bit of time trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone as a result of it) as I am about Verizon taking away features that should be included in every Note, such as free 15Gb of Samsung cloud space (they announced it at the opening for crying out loud!) and auto restart. I just cannot figure out how this benefits Verizon or Samsung... The cloud, I get they want to push their own, but then at the very least offer the equivalent of what Samsung is offering! Whats the point of making your customers extremely angry! And why would you take any features out of a phone, period?! I would really like to hear a statement from Verizon explaining the need for these changes. I would like Samsung to intervene and tell Verizon to stop doing these things to their product. I would like them to change everything back in the next update. Would it not be beneficial to Verizon if news got out that they actually listen to the customers? Just give everything back and we'll forget this ever happened. We won't hold anything against you, promise.

0 Likes