Using Verizon Note II in UK - Permanently
carrieannie7

I recently moved to the UK, and I'm using my Note II with an international SIM and I'm having some really annoying issues. The phone did not automatically register the international SIM (complete with "Non Verizon SIM" message) and I needed to call my carrier to have them help me manually set up the network parameters.  I still have the "Non Verizon SIM" message, and although I can make calls and use data, my numbers keep switching back to the US international format, causing an error while texting or calling. Also, periodically while web browsing, a Verizon window pops up asking me to sign in.

Before I left, I asked Verizon what I needed to do to be able to use my phone abroad, and they assured me that it was unlocked and all I needed to do was pop in another SIM, as it's "global ready".  I've had a bit of trouble with Samsung support also - they told me to take it to a local warranty repair center and they can flash it, remove the Verizon software and provide me with the correct software.  I tried this, and the local warranty center told me that they couldn't do it (although I suspect he just didn't want to, as comments about "American phones" were made...).  I contacted Samsung support again and they suggested I contact Verizon to get my phone unlocked.  I can try another warranty center, that's not a problem, but at this point I'm incredibly confused as to what I need to do from here. The closest warranty center is 23 miles away, which in America is nothing, be here, on the tiny roads of England, that can take WELL over an hour... I'd like to have a plan of action and some knowledge before I make the trek. Any advice on the situation would be helpful! Thanks in advance for your time and assistance!! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using Verizon Note II in UK - Permanently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello carrieannie7! I'm disappointed to hear that you were told your device would be ready for use elsewhere only to find out it isn't. I presume that the Verizon Wireless account that had your phone has been disconnected. There is a possibility that we may still be able to help. If so, the best place to inquire about that would be our Global Support team. The direct number is 908-559-4899. Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Using Verizon Note II in UK - Permanently
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello carrieannie7! I'm disappointed to hear that you were told your device would be ready for use elsewhere only to find out it isn't. I presume that the Verizon Wireless account that had your phone has been disconnected. There is a possibility that we may still be able to help. If so, the best place to inquire about that would be our Global Support team. The direct number is 908-559-4899. Good luck!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes