Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Sundowner1981
Enthusiast - Level 1

Current phone is a Galaxy Note 10 5G, with Verizon Service.

Additional phone is Galaxy Note 9, currently with another carrier. 

I purchased two unlocked Galaxy Note 20 5G Ultra phones. (had to buy unlocked phones because Verizon is only selling the 128GB version).

Questions:

1. How do I move my service from my Note 10 to the unlocked Note 20? Will I need to get a SIM card from Verizon?  Will the existing Note 10 SIM card FULLY support the Note 20, including 5G?

2. How do I add the 2nd Note 20?  I doubt the Note 9 SIM is the correct SIM for Note 20??

3. Do the unlocked phones come with SIM Cards that can be "activated" online with Verizon right out of the box by entering the phone ID information?  i.e., no need to transfer an existing SIM card or no need to buy a new SIM Card?

Thank you. First time stepping into the unlocked world.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unlocked Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new phone, Sundowner1981! We're here to help. To successfully activate a phone on our network, first check its compatibility on our network by entering the device ID (IMEI) here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/. If it's compatible, then you'll need a Verizon SIM card. Do you already have service with Verizon, or do you need to set up new service?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
5chmrr
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you say you need a Verizon SIM for 5G connectivity, will the one that I have from my Note 9 with Verizon work in my Note 20 Ultra for 5G? Or do I need to get a new one?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good question 5chmrr.  Yes, you can use the 5g SIM card from your current phone in your new phone. If you have any issues, we will send you a new SIM card or you can get one from a corporate store in your area. Does this answer your question?

0 Likes