Unable to upgrade? Forced to downgrade?
skizdidlyidler
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm still confused on the upgrade options. I would say at least 75% of people with a Note 7 traded in their old phone when they upgraded (that's how I did it). That means we don't have an old phone to use until another decent phone is released; and we would not have forfeited our old devices to "upgrade" to any of the other currently available phones. So to ask us to just choose from your current selection to replace our Note 7 while losing our availability to upgrade for 2 years is out of the question! I believe we should not only be able to upgrade for free to the new S8 or Note 8 when they become available, but we should also be the first to receive them as we got the short end of the stick. We should be able to choose another device to use in the meantime, but we should not lose our ability to upgrade.

If this event is "unprecedented" why do you think the same ole fixes will work? New problem = new solution.

Please advise.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to upgrade? Forced to downgrade?
JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Note 7 users weren't even first to get the New Note 7 after the recall (it was first come first serve remember). If Verizon cared about customer service instead of just making money this could have been handled very simply. If you traded for an existing inventory phone it would NOT be considered an UPGRADE but instead your UPGRADE would remain intact while you paid for the DOWNGRADED phone (How do you UPGRADE from the best, most expensive phone on the market). Then if you decided to trade for a NEW MODEL phone such as the Pixel, V20 etc. then of course it would be considered an UPGRADE. Just seems common sense is being thrown out the window for greed.

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
skizdidlyidler-

We value your loyalty and we are honored to be your provider. I definitely want to make sure that we are doing everything we can to help ensure that you have a phone that is safe but also a device that you really want. I have sent you a private message to your community inbox, please respond there so we can provide more personalized support. Thanks!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Dhammer731
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree wholeheartedly. If Verizon and Samsung  were to make it right by giving us the opportunity to upgrade to the note 8 when it is released I would consider trading in for an S7 edge until the note 8 is released. However, I have not had any heating issues with my note 7. Not even when multiple apps are running in the background while using another app and charging phone. As a matter of fact my note 7 does not get as hot as my note 5 did. Therefore, I am reluctant to trade it in, especially for an inferior device.

Agermaine87
Enthusiast - Level 3

I agree as well, I upgraded from the note 4 to the note 7. Now I have the option of losing my upgrade to downgrade to phones I do not want. As of now I refuse to use anything less than my Note 7 and will continue to use it unless Verizon changes their ways. If it It becomes too much of a danger I will switch carriers just so I can actually get the phone I want when the time comes. For now I have a fireproof box being sent to me so when I'm not awake and aware of what my phone is doing I know I am safe.

JOHHAM55
Contributor - Level 1

Since you obviously haven't done a "Downgrade" did you contact someone to get a box?

0 Likes
Dhammer731
Enthusiast - Level 1

I put my phone on max power saver and disconnect from charger overnight. That effectively closes most background apps and limits CPU usage while still allowing me to make and receive calls and use the alarm clock.

0 Likes
christopherm_vzw
Verizon Employee

Hello Agermaine87,

We value your safety above all else. The last thing we want is to see you leave our family. We recommend not using the Note 7 any further as a precaution. If you do not wish to purchase a new phone, you can reuse a previous phone you had. We also have many devices at an incredibly low price. Here is a link of options: https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/-10-and-under/

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help

0 Likes
rpm1300p
Enthusiast - Level 2

You could do like I just did...called and asked if I return my phone when will my contract be done...october 30th. Free to go elsewhere and get a V20. The reason I pay Verizon what I pay them is for great phone service and customer service.  The customer service through this process of the first recall and second recall has been horrendous.  During the first recall i walked into two different Verizon stores and they looked at me like I had antlers growing out of my head. Then a week and a half later I spent 2 and 1/2 hours getting my new and improved green battery indicating note 7 at one of these stores, fortunately there were no antler looks. 

jmcolter
Enthusiast - Level 3

Here Verizon. I fixed it for you...

Capture2.jpg