Unable to get replacement phone until I can pay the taxes for the phone
Braves10
Enthusiast - Level 2

With the way they are handling the recall, it is up to the consumer to get a new phone first, pay the taxes on that phone, wait for the box to return the note 7,and once they have the phone your account will be credited the original tax and fees from the note 7. When I talked to customer service and asked what people should do if they can't pay taxes on a new device right away they just told me I'd have to hold onto the device until I can front the money. Doesn't make much sense to me.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to get replacement phone until I can pay the taxes for the phone
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

Horrible horrible customer service... keeps getting worse and worse!!

0 Likes
jeneller_vzw
Verizon Employee

JACPEE68,

We understand this is a difficult situation. We take your safety very seriously. You do have the option to return the device to one of our corporate locations. The store will exchange your device or return it completely. This will refund your taxes and allow the exchange. The only amount of money needed would be the difference in cost. If the device you are ordering is more expensive, then there may be more taxes due.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
STAYLOR864

Same experience. We tried to trade our phones but were turned away unless we bought a new phone (with taxes AND upgrade fees). Hard to swallow an upgrade fee when downgrading phones... Note 7 to a note 5? Excited about that "upgrade"...

0 Likes
ANTDAV32
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was told the same thing and can't understand why the taxes paid on the note 7 can't be offset or applied. They also added a $20 upgrade fee. Now my upgrade fee was waived when I pre-ordered the note 7, so if I pay the additional upgrade fee and it is applied to my account when I return the note 7, means I just paid 20 additional bucks that I would not have paid if the phone wasn't recalled. This is crazy and may force me to another vendor.

0 Likes
Braves10
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, you can't return it to the store. You have to wait to get the box in the mail so you can send it back the Samsung, Verizon will NOT take this phone

0 Likes