Too many different Verizon responses about Note 7 recall
azbrendan

Went online yesterday and did a live chat and that person said to bring the device into a store and they would give me a loaner phone until the new Note 7's were available. Went in and they said that is not true and i could only exchange the phone for a different one if i wanted to exchange it now. That is not what i want so she said i have until Sept 30 to exchange it for the new replacement but they had no idea when new ones would be available. I also purchased online on the pre-order and don't know why Verizon just doesn't send all of us new ones in the mail when they become available. They really need to work with the customer on this and have a sign up sheet on the website so the customers that want to keep this device can sign up and have them delivered as soon as they are available. seems silly i have keep calling the store to see if they have them in every few days until Sept 30. What happens if the supply cant meet the demand and stores do not have enough to exchange???

0 Likes
Re: Too many different Verizon responses about Note 7 recall
SuBDivisions
Enthusiast - Level 2

It has been a disaster, not only from Samsung's end, but Verizon has never been one to convey immediate and clear information to its consumers..  Blame all around, but a recall like this has never happened in this industry (as large as this one) so everyone is running around like a chicken with no head.

Verizon MUST state WHEN the new batch of Note7's are available and in stock for either replacement or Order.  That would kill most of the ill's right now.  So far there is no word, but Samsung has stated that replacement devices would be available startring i believe Monday world wide.. Yet, no word from Verizon.

Tidbits
Legend

You know...  How would Verizon know...  THEY DO NOT MAKE THE DEVICES!  That's like me expecting you to be able to tell me when our rail system will be completed.  Unrealistic expectations.  Samsung would have a better grasp of when due to the fact they manufacturer and distribute the devices.  Samsung already stated TURN IN YOUR PHONES... Wait for when the news ones are distributed out.  If people choose to hold onto their phones for replacements there's not much they can do.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tidbits wrote:

You know... How would Verizon know... THEY DO NOT MAKE THE DEVICES! That's like me expecting you to be able to tell me when our rail system will be completed. Unrealistic expectations. Samsung would have a better grasp of when due to the fact they manufacturer and distribute the devices. Samsung already stated TURN IN YOUR PHONES... Wait for when the news ones are distributed out. If people choose to hold onto their phones for replacements there's not much they can do.

Wait, Hawaii has a rail system?

After seeing a few stories about the damage some Note 7s have done, I personally would be inclined to return the device and go back to a backup device in the interim.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

Tidbits wrote:

You know... How would Verizon know... THEY DO NOT MAKE THE DEVICES! That's like me expecting you to be able to tell me when our rail system will be completed. Unrealistic expectations. Samsung would have a better grasp of when due to the fact they manufacturer and distribute the devices. Samsung already stated TURN IN YOUR PHONES... Wait for when the news ones are distributed out. If people choose to hold onto their phones for replacements there's not much they can do.

Wait, Hawaii has a rail system?

After seeing a few stories about the damage some Note 7s have done, I personally would be inclined to return the device and go back to a backup device in the interim.

Yes we have a rail system in the works.  You can see part of it from my house.  Honestly we needed this 40 years ago when first introduced when Fasi was there.  He was right and people thought he was crazy.  People complain about traffic everyday and now they are building the rail and people are mad it costs more than estimated...  It would have been much cheaper when development wasn't all that large back in the 70's.

Honolulu Rail Transit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Home

Back on topic.  Yup there was a reason why Samsung did a "Global" recall.  Just recently someone lost their Jeep.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I read someone caused fire damage to either a hotel room or their bedroom. The phone started smoking on the sheets and other damage.

And cool, but expensive on the rail system.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
RMPC99

Called Verizon yesterday-said go to Verizon Wireless Store-Wireless store said  they don't exchange but can give me a different phone-said call Samsung-Samsung said they have started shipping new ones-said call your carrier-back to square one.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Of course they can't do exchanges...  They don't have any new Note 7 in stock to exchange.

Tidbits
Legend

Also Note to another device IS an exchange.

They do not have the new replacement Note 7s as to why they can't exchange the Note 7s for Note 7s. They are waiting for Samsung to make them and deliver them.  Until they do they can't do anything.

Best option honestly is to do a RETURN while you have the chance first. Then get another device if you don't have one. What this does is give you 14 days and based on what Samsung says they should have them in before then. When they do come in do an exchange before that 14 days is up.

0 Likes
mikelaaron
Enthusiast - Level 3

My concern about this is:

The Note 7's that initially come in over these next few days/weeks are earmarked (according to some sources) for those of us with the current Note 7.

If we exchange now for another device, will they still treat us as an initial Note 7 owner to get the first batch of replacements, or do we then fall to the back of the line as a standard customer looking to get a Note 7?