Re: This free replacement is costing me almost $100?
TSARYTSIN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing here. Two Note 7s, two upgrade charges, two sales tax charges, no refunds to date,  and now I am expected to pay a third round of charges to get a replacement phone. Could they have messed this up any more if they tried?

0 Likes
Kendrarich66
Enthusiast - Level 2

The more I think about this the madder I get I had to use my upgrade on a downgrade S7 and I had to pay insurance and activation again I also have to wait till the 20th to get a phone I did not want and be in a contract for it.  I am getting sick of Verizon I have been a long time customer and believer in Verizon being the best but my confidence in Verizon and their customer services is no longer there.  I was reading that Samsung said that customers who bought the note 7 would get a free replacement phone and if they stuck with Samsung $100 credit.  I am losing faith that Verizon is not treating customers with that credit because they are charging full price for the replacement phone and adding on activation fees and insurance fees plus taxes again which cost me over $85.00 eating up any credit I had.  I feel like I should return my phones and look elsewhere for cell service!

0 Likes
shirazp_vzw
Verizon Employee

We absolutely want to ensure everything with the Note 7's are being closely looked at and taken into consideration. With the devices taxes and fees associated with the phone, those will also be credited due to this being an official recall from the phone manufacturer itself. If any questions please let us know.

0 Likes
ARAMCHEK
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not everyone can spend the money up front, why "credit it back" instead of not charging us?

It's stupid.

DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

amberk_vzw

Why the hell are you sending other people private messages and dealing with THEIR problems and no one is bothering to contact ME.  This is MY thread and everyone else seems to be getting the attention from you people.  This is ridiculous.

srisque
Enthusiast - Level 3

Obviously the people currently here are on a low pay grade and can only deal with trivial issues such as refunding tax issues and upgrade fees....

This whole forum may just be a sink hole as far as the rest is concerned.

0 Likes
DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yet another day passes with other people in the discussion *I* started getting help and yet no one has bothered to contact me.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

We appreciate you being with us for 12-years ONCE_GUITARIST .We would never recommend that you keep your two devices and we would never give you the run around. We are discussing alternative options with our customers so that you can stop using your Note-7 devices. Please let us know if you have any questions. You can reach us via chat, by phone, or via facebook/twitter. I have also sent you a private message to discuss your options. We are always here to help.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MYSTICROSE70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes it may ne an official recall, but it is still a voluntary recall. Not a mandatory one. The Verizon rep I spoke to said it is completely up to me if I want to keep the phone and continue using it. Or I guess I could replace it and be raked over the coals again.

robbscut
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is absolutely not true. Verizon has already blacklisted the phone, and they have started sending out text messages advising "This phone is not authorized. If you continue using this phone, it will be disabled and you will continue to be billed." Turn in the phone.