Re: This free replacement is costing me almost $100?
DrBubba72
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've been waiting for 2 days for someone to follow me back to send a message.

This is bordering on ridiculous.

0 Likes
MYSTICROSE70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did an online chat today and was told by Verizon that you Do Not have to turn the Note 7 back in if you wish to take the chance and continue using it

0 Likes
ROYEVE47
Enthusiast - Level 3

That is completely false now th a t there's an official recall.

0 Likes
Pipeweld
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem with that is there will be no security updates, or support from Samsung, Verizon for the Note 7. In a few months you will have a very vulnerable phone, and possibly a brick.

0 Likes
amberk_vzw
Verizon Employee
lonestar614-

We're on the scene and eager to turn things around. I have sent you a private message to your community inbox. Please respond there so we can provide more personalized support. Thank you so much!

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ERIPER53
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to use the link that was provided and was also told I would have to pay $100. I did the chat online which did no good. They referred me to the store and refused to waive the $100 fee. Even though I already paid taxes on N7...plus I had to pay $20 more in taxes for the replacement. Oh, but in a couple months we will refund you $100. Are you also going to refund us for the accessories we had to buy?? And the accessories we will have to buy for our new devices? It is ridiculous that VZW isn't trying to do more to help their customers. Rather, they are trying to bleed us for more $$! 

Kendrarich66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes you end up down grading to the edge 7 and they charge you again for insurance and activation.  I also get screwed on the two day free shipping because I want it in silver so I have to wait for back order.  They promise you a $100.00 credit to your account but that is to pay for more money going out on a phone I never wanted and I think this is garbage customer service.

ONCE_GUITARIST
Enthusiast - Level 2

But your still have to pay the taxes and fees!?!? This is ridiculous! Verizon should eat the cost or pass it off to Samsung. What does this have to do with the customers. Especially on a destructive phone. Very Very Disappointing in Verizon!!

Plus, anything that is comparable (Iphone 7 Plus or Galaxy 7 Edge) is not IMMEDIATELY available with absolutely NO temporary device given to the customers in the interim!!

Why are we having to flip the bill and be punished?? Why didn't Verizon have a contingency plan in place for an event like this???

ONCE_GUITARIST
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have TWO Note 7's that I am being practically held hostage to keep. I refuse to front more money for a downgrade device! I don't feel I should have to turn in the Note 7 and go without a phone until a replacement from back order arrives! And I definitely don't feel I should get the run around from Verizon support after being a loyal customer for over 12 years!

0 Likes
srisque
Enthusiast - Level 3

Depending on people's cases and how they purchased the Note 7, it can cost people up to $500 out of their own pocket  to replace their phone....  Verizon is not doing an exchange, but a return and repurchase, which is a total screwup

see the thread here : https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/920686

Verizon, time to wake up and do things right.