Texts saying "Sent" but recipient isn't getting them Ever!
nekdos

I have a Galaxy Note 5, and a short while ago, I had an issue where I would send a text, but the recipient would not receive it.  My phone would give me a sent text notification but the receiver would never get it.  I thought the issue had been because I switched from Apple to Droid, so I removed anything with my phone number from my apple account, and also texted STOP to a number suggested by Apple, and it seemed to fix the issue.  Now, I just updated Messages  when the update rolled out, and I cannot send messages again to the same person!  They are getting NONE of my texts.  I have uninstalled the updates and restarted my phone and still nothing works!  They have an iPhone, but I can text to other iPhone contacts no problem.  I need a real solution to please.  I have full bars, am connected to WiFi but this won't work!

0 Likes
Re: Texts saying "Sent" but recipient isn't getting them Ever!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nekdos,

That is definitely odd and I know it would bug me just the same. We definitely want to make sure all your messages get to where they're going. To be sure, are you using Messages, the default messaging application, or another messaging app?

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
nekdos

I am using Verizon's Message+ app, and have been using it as my default app since I purchased the phone.

0 Likes
nekdos

Any further info on this? I have seen another question just like mine, only posted 3 hours ago. I also have tried what was suggested there. (Send a test text of just an image and then another of just text to the recipient and then myself) still no luck.

0 Likes
nekdos

But the test texts to myself worked just fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sure we can figure this out, nekdos. Does the other person have any issues receiving the messages with their iMessage off? If this doesn't work, we'll need to do more research on times the messages were sent.

DanielK_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
nekdos

No. And here's the thing. I've been using the Message+ app for texting

since I got the phone months ago. I text many other iPhone users who I know

have iMessage on, and with no problem. Right now texting works because I

uninstalled all the app updates. I could not revert back one update, I had

to remove them all. Texting only started to not work (after having worked

for a good while) with the more recent update around Christmas. The

solution can't be to have iMessage turned off or some other standard

feature of a common texting app for this program to work, especially when

it stops working after an update which is meant to improve the apps

function. And it was working fine before. This recipient is one I probably

text the most often and I can't get through to them. The solution is to

create programs that ensure all users of various media, Apple or android,

can communicate seamlessly no matter their preference. Not ask me to ask

the recipient to turn off standard functions on their phone.

On Jan 6, 2016 8:33 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes