Supplementary Services
tabitha511

I have the Samsung Galaxy Note 10 plus. I would like to forward certain  callers to voicemail. All of the online instructions send me to feature that verizon has disabled like supplementary services. Now can I use this feature?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Supplementary Services
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! Please keep in mind that the Call Forwarding option doesn't allow you to send specific or all calls to voicemail. However, you can turn on Call Forwarding from your mobile phone:

• Forward all calls immediately (the mobile phone won't ring) - Call *72 + the 10-digit number that you want to forward your calls to (e.g., *72-908-123-4567).

• Forward calls when there's no answer (the mobile phone will ring first) - Call *71 + the 10-digit number that you want to forward your calls to (e.g., *71-908-123-4567).

Since you have an Android device and if the phone number you'd like to send to your phone's voicemail has been added to your contacts list, you'll find these steps helpful. 

Step 1: Open the contact info (From your phone's contact list) for the person you want to send directly to voice mail.

Step 2: Press the Menu button and select Options.

Step 3: On the screen that loads, check the box next to Incoming calls (Send calls directly to voicemail).

Please let us know if this helps you. - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
Minh_SATx
Enthusiast - Level 2

So on my Samsung S22 Ultra, because I transferred my profile from my previous AT&T S9 when I joined Verizon, the Supplementary Service called "Call Barring" is on for International Voice Calls.  Samsung says I only have to go to the Phone App, tap more options (3 dots) > Settings > Supplementary Services > Call Barring, and turn it off.  I went through 5 hours with Verizon Customer Service during my last trip to Ireland because I could just not voice call to the UK while texting to the UK, data access and voice call in Ireland, and calling to the US worked fine.

The problem is that Verizon blocked access to Samsung's "Supplementary Services".  I only need Verizon to unblock it for me to go in and turn off Call Barring, and then you can re-block it, I won't need anything else.

How do I make it happen?

0 Likes
Minh_SATx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Note: it was purely accidental, I did not even know the option existed, the call barring somehow turned itself on during the data transfer (or another setting for AT&T was mistaken for Samsung's Call Barring).

0 Likes
Minh_SATx
Enthusiast - Level 2

I searched the Internet, finally found USSD #33*<password># to un-bar all outgoing calls and USSD #331*<password># to un-bar international calls, but when I tried them, it looks like it recognized the MMI code (the message said Call barring - All outgoing calls for All Basic services and Call barring - All International calls for All Basic Services), but was followed by Connection problem or invalid MMI code>  So it seems that the "Verizon block" on the phone also rejected the USSD code.  I really need Verizon to help.  I'm not planning to travel abroad for a while, and it only seems to be an issue when I'm abroad trying to call a 3rd country, so I'll wait for an answer here for a week, after which I'll call Customer Service (like I said, I spent 5 hours so far talking to 4 or 5 different people so it will be very painful).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for letting me know. I'm happy to check into this with you. Please, send me a Private Note to get started.

*Haley

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello there! Please keep in mind that Call Barring is not a featured used in the US, and this can be found when roaming on other networks outside the US. There are a few things you can do to try to get around Call Barring, such as toggling your HD Voice on or off, or restarting the device. Doing this may cause your device to connect to a different network that is not using Call Barring. You do not want to reset your network settings while you are overseas.  ~Aaron

0 Likes