Status bar icons
ADS417

I have an icon in the status bar next to the bluetooth icon. I am trying to find out what it is for. It is a solid rectangle with an outline, and (3) smaller lines at the bottom left corner that look like the wifi icon at a 45° angle. It looks like a chromecast icon, but I do not have chromecast.

Also, it's there a way to actually find out what app or process the icons are being activated from within the phone settings. I looked at the icon list that is in the phone's system, but can not find it. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Status bar icons
boringusername
Master - Level 1

the device you're using would be nice to know

0 Likes
ADS417

Sorry, I thought that would have been included. It is a Note 9

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

My phone whch is pixel says that is called cast. Which does not necesaiy mean Chromecast. It could also mean Miracast

0 Likes
ADS417

I have no cast apps on my phone.  I just upgraded from the note 5 and seen this icon. Is there a cast app bundled with the note 9 or was the with your pixel?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, ADS417. Being able to identify the icons and their meaning on your device is important, and we can certainly assist you with your concern. To make sure that we can provide you with the correct information if you can please add a screenshot of your main screen to get a better image of the icon that you are describing? VianeyP_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ADS417, we are here to ensure you have all the information that you need about cast apps. The Samsung Note 9 has cast related apps. Please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218984/ for the details. Does this help answer your question?

DavidC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Pretty sure Android comes with cast. it's not a big deal don't use it.

0 Likes